Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

On the complete offchance that any other fellow Ironworkers are playing NwN under Linux, has anyone else come across annoying mouse behaviour?

The pointer moves with momentum, sluggish at first, picking up speed, and slower to stop - its completely smooth and flawless, making me think its an ingame setting - does anyone know how to change this? I can't see anything obvious in control configuration...

In KDE the cursor movement is normal by the way, so it's not a problem with my mouse settings in general.

Thanks in advance [img]smile.gif[/img]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:06 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

For me it worked normal.

I'm using everything lightweight though (fluxbox). Maybe it's the system load, thouhg I don't think that should be a problem if your PC is fast enough.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Darn! Well thanks for your reply Philip [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm running KDE3.2 so a fair bit ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) larger than FB, but I'm 99% sure it's not a performance issue. It never jerks, is as smooth as glass, and happens even in the menus before the computer is rendering anything.

Why do I always seem to get the bizarre one-off settings!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

I'm going to download it again tomorrow [img]smile.gif[/img] You could check with something like gkrellm or that KDE thingie how much of your CPU and RAM is used. In windows I found the menus were pretty slow too (well the menus aren't slow, my PC is [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). In linux I got more fps so I don't know how it compares in there. But still it's kind of strange.

Couldn't find much on google either. Most of those problems were related to graphics cars. Looks like there's some trouble with DRI if you use that to render your stuff. Also there's an option with hardware mouse in nwconfig. Maybe you want to check those out.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote