Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
Double D
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi guys!

Been playing HotU for quite a while now, and now i'm playing a sorcerer/paladin, atm, he's 21/1, but i don't have access to any epic spells yet, got some feat already, but haven't seen any spells yet. Spellcraft lvl is 36 btw. (26 normal+10 epic skill focus), what am I doing wrong?

DD
Old 02-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

For purposes of determining what spells you can choose, your base spellcraft is used (26). So you can't pick every lsat one of them just yet. You should be able to get some though.

You select epic spells as you do any other feat. You get your first epic feat at level 21. What I think happened, is that you didn't take paladin as the 22nd level, but at some point before then. That'd mean that at level 21, you only had 20 sorcerer levels. As you were not an epic caster yet, the feat wasn't available, and you had to make do with the non-class-specific epic feats.

If you make certain to take your 24th level in Sorcerer, you'll have your first spell by then.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Double D
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm, Just got my lvl, i'm 23/1 now, and still haven't got access to epic spells, must i really have lvl 24 sorcerer atleast? Or has it got something to do with my intelligence, my charisma is 20, int 13 or smth.

DD
Old 02-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

No, you should have been able to select it with sufficient spellcraft and 21 caster levels. The one other thing I can think of is that you may have been looking for feats like Hellball and Mummy Dust, and not found them in the list. They're under Epic Spell, and you select the specific one when taking that particular feat. Kind of like the way in which you choose a spell focus: Necromancy and a spell focus: Divinition under the Spell Focus feat both.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote