Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2001, 07:47 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm not offering an opinion, for obvious reasons.

250 actually moderated there for a VERY short while. Click here and you'll see why - I feel sorry for the poor guy.

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 07:54 AM   #22
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Memnoch, I read that too, and I also feel very sorry for him - I hope he won't get discouraged to come back here as a result. I really love the guy's enthusiasm, even if sometimes it leads him to post before he thinks but he was learning, he was. I felt very sorry I hadn't got his mail address, I would have mailed him to reassure him that it was not his fault. I wish I could now.

I understand why an apology from Stealthy and FB was necessary, especially in order not to have Dan involved an a stupid war, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it. I feel sorry for Stealthy and FB for the bad feelings they must have experienced.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-28-2001, 08:09 AM   #23
Rikard

We should invite Ken overhere to show we are all nice people

------------------

Old 04-28-2001, 08:34 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Hi Memnoch, I read that too, and I also feel very sorry for him - I hope he won't get discouraged to come back here as a result. I really love the guy's enthusiasm, even if sometimes it leads him to post before he thinks but he was learning, he was. I felt very sorry I hadn't got his mail address, I would have mailed him to reassure him that it was not his fault. I wish I could now.

250's email address is reply250@hotmail.com.

I'd rather not air my opinions in public and further inflame the situation. If I was just a joe-blow poster I'd have no hesitation, and you guys shouldn't feel restricted - this is your right to free speech! But I shouldn't, and won't, say anything.

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 08:50 AM   #25
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
250's email address is reply250@hotmail.com.

I'd rather not air my opinions in public and further inflame the situation. If I was just a joe-blow poster I'd have no hesitation, and you guys shouldn't feel restricted - this is your right to free speech! But I shouldn't, and won't, say anything.

Memnoch, thank you for giving me 250's mail address, I really fear he could have been affected by what happened, and I want to comfort and reassure him if it is the case.

I totally understand that you won't speak about it, believe me I didn't expect a public reply from you to my post, and I myself will keep silent from now on. I debated about posting my opinion here, but I finally did as the topic was already raised, because I am trying to tell the guys here not to post on TeamBG, as it is no use at all and would only make things worse. Now off for this topic.

Have a good week-end, Memnoch, you true and wise moderator.

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 08:54 AM   #26
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Wow. Memnoch is giving free reign to discuss? Hmmm . . . I'm tempted to let it all fly, but . . .

I think Moraine forgot two details. Like I mentioned earlier, when Stealthy was posting so politely, the moderator really got mad because the moderator was looking bad. I've never seen someone so paranoid before. Yes, I eventually came to the opinion (with some helpful advice from Memnoch) that Ken can be paranoid if he wants to -- it is his forum.

The other is the episode where Ken accused Stealthy and I as posting from the same IP address. I couldn't believe how insane that was. Yes, Stealthy and I replied at about the same time. Yes, we both write fairly involved and polite answers. And belive it or not, we had some of the same reasons for disliking the way things were handled at TeamBG. But we were not using the same computer and we are not the same person. I suggested he check it out as a bug in his system -- again, he never apologized.

Memnoch, I'm not Stealthy am I? I hate to think that I'm suffering from schizofrenia (sp.?).

Anyway, I signed up for their new forum (going up next week), just to make sure that no one took Father Bronze as a pseudonym and tried posting lots of inflamatory stuff just to blame me. Okay, they spread the paranoia to me. But hey, I just don't see any other options. My advice.

If going to TeamBG, walk very lightly, never discuss a different forum (even though their regular posters do it all of the time), get an answer to your question, and don't reply to any other threads. Then leave -- run quickly.

Actually, if you need advice on MODs or editing. Go to The-Elysium. They are very helpful and I can almost guarantee you won't get in trouble. It may take a few days to get your answers, but your answers will be accurate and it will save you a lot of trouble.

And don't worry. I can take the heat. Yes, I am one of those people who tries very hard not to offend anyone (as most of you have figured). However, I am old enough to know when someone is being irrational and I won't win the debate. I'm mature enough that I can swallow my pride, apologize, and make a graceful exit. If nothing else, I justify it as "killing them with kindness."

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 09:12 AM   #27
Moiraine
Anubis

Father Bronze, hello ! About the two things you mention :

- Yes, it is his Forum, but a Forum's worth is measured by the people talking on it, so he runs the risk to find himself quite alone talking to himself if he keeps that attitude. I am more bothered by the fact that once registered, you cannot go away, so he won't see the consequences. However it seems that he is moving to a new site, so maybe old members will have to register again and hopefully he will see that he hasn't got by far as many members as he thinks. But it is his problem, not ours, after all.

- About the accusation of you and Stealth to be the same person, he precised in a later post that he was in fact talking about the two posts from Gabe, not yours. He didn't apologize to you both - did you expect him to ? Cows will fly and pigs (we in France say chicken ) get teeth before we see him apologize for anything, I think.

Aaaaarrrrgggg ! I cant't seem to be able to stop talking about it now ...

Let's not have that pitying stuff ruin our Ironworks-sunny week-end, OK ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 09:17 AM   #28
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Father Bronze sprinkles Moiraine with dust of cheery happy thoughts

I'm not worried. It's a nice, sunny, day here. I'm taking my family to the zoo.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 09:19 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Wow. Memnoch is giving free reign to discuss?

Discuss - not abuse. There's a difference. I don't have a problem with people talking about other forums and their experiences there on this forum, as long as we don't end up with a lets-bash-that-forum type mentality. Guess you guys should consider yourselves privileged - I don't think I'm God, and I'm sure Ziroc doesn't think he is, either.

I hope I didn't come across too harsh on that email, Fr Bronze - it was not my intention, I assure you.

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 09:24 AM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:

Actually, if you need advice on MODs or editing. Go to The-Elysium. They are very helpful and I can almost guarantee you won't get in trouble. It may take a few days to get your answers, but your answers will be accurate and it will save you a lot of trouble.
The Elysium is made up of a lot of former BGDungeon Tavern posters who left and started their own thing when BGDungeon Tavern started its descent into flamefesting, trolling, bickering and abuse. Think of the elven Retreat to Evermeet when Cormanthyr fell (wait, Evermeet is HERE, isn't it!). That was around about the time that I started to post here at Ironworks!

------------------