Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-07-2001, 02:29 PM   #1
Alex Bunten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello -

Looking for some help on a problem. Whenever I am in a city or on the world map SOA either restarts my computer or freezes it. I had no problems in the initial dungeon or in the circus tent, but when I am just in the city, SOA causes the restart or freeze. The same thing happened in BG1 when I would be in a city. I have the patch installed and screensaver disabled. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 12-07-2001, 03:10 PM   #2
Demoquin
Dungeon Master

happened to me to in BG1 but playing BG2 and once in awhile ill get an error screen (250)? or something like that and it will shut the game off. Please help us we are desperate( just kidding)
Old 12-07-2001, 08:05 PM   #3
Kezardin
Elminster

Alex,

some things to try :

- run BGCONFIG and make sure 3D is disabled. Also turn off EAX and ambient sound if they are enabled.

- run windows explorer and delete any files in the CACHE/DATA subdirectory of your BG2 installation.

- make sure any background programmes are turned *off* before running BG2. Especially applies to antivirus utilities but also others like realplayer, winamp and so on.

Kez
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 10:03 PM   #4
Alex Bunten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks I'll try those suggestions.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:06 PM   #5
treecity
Welcomed New User

I'm having this exact same problem playing BG2 with Windows XP. Have directx 8.1 and detonator drivers, still no difference. It only happens in cities, ie Athkala, Trademeet, Drow city. Dungeons are all OK.

Did the suggestions work? Does anyone have any other suggestions?
treecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 11:51 PM   #6
gostmakker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is an excellant search engine for soa and tob forum topics at:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.htm

the search engine is on the main page, near the bottom. the search territory is the forum topics-going back...i don't know how far. my guess is that there have been dozenz of similiar performance glitches that the gurus have solved for people. i found several solutions to a bug i had.

GL, Gost
gostmakker is offline   Reply With Quote