Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Robalex
Dungeon Master

Both of my top fighters are at about HP 210(a Whiskah & a Lizzord) & I'm thinking of keeping one of the guys as an Assassin but was wondering whether or not to let the other keep the Boogerism trait. Both have all the Sun, Vine & Fiend spells & are working on the Moon spells. Both have switched from Barbarian to Paladin to Ranger & are now Samurai Lvl 14. When the book says that with this trait Spellcasting is iffy what does that mean( ex 25% failure rate, 50% or 75% failure rate)? Could someone tell me the advantage beside the Hp this trait gives a character.
Also, I have delivered the writ to the Stout guards & finished most of the other things in the center west area eg Jathil, Werewolf, Torin arrow. I only have to become an assassin & do the Boogre prison & the guild quests associated with that. Should I do the Stout Mines first or the Prison??
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. My opinion is: unboogre. Boogres are slow and their spells fail. The higher level spell the worse: you'll be able to cast spells up to spell level 4 rather safely, level 5 spells will fail sometimes, level 6 spells will fail more often, and level 7 spells will fail in ca 40% of attempts. I don't think this degradation is worth of that 100 HP. Well, you will see other opinions, too [img]smile.gif[/img]

2. These two dungeons are independent. The Stout Mines are simpler, the Boogre Prison is more difficult. Only one thing: if you haven't finished the Boogre Prison then you must get the Miner's Writ first. If you have finished the Boogre Prison then you can exchange the Boogre Beer for it.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
aleph_null

Not that getting the Writ is so overly painful, Radek Just keep an eye on our werewolf friend in that area.

I'd also vote strongly for un-Boogreing, and not only for the spell failures: Boogres don't just LOOK fat & slow, they fight like it too. Though the stats don't reflect it, Boogres have a hell of a time parrying anything, and take a good 3/4 of a second to hit anything clicked on...

100 hp's aren't nearly worth it, IMHO
Old 07-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Boogreism is worth absolutely nothing. Rid yourself of it immediately (unless you think it has some sort of value not being able to ride a horse.

Radek gave you a reason to go to the caves before the mines. But that is only if you cannot find the writ situated un Grundel on your way to the mines. Here is a reason for going to the mines first: In the mines you will complete the Stout invitation quest. Not until that is complete will you get the "kill Doshi Gin quest". Doshi Gin is in a clearing only accesible through the Boogre Caves. If you go there first and kill Doshi Gin you will be unable to get that quest.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hey, hey, hey, now... quit picking on the boogres!

The Den of Thieves finished as four Boogres, two non-Boogres. Attacking and damage wasn't a real concern past the beginning of the game. And for someone who started as a flighty little pixie, those 100 HP make a difference, lemme tell ya [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've also not noticed a real problem with Boogre-ized spell casters failing. They may, but it's not been significant enough for me to worry about.

There is one definite drawback to Boogres... they can't get on (or off) a horse, as bsftcs mentioned. You have to have a "normal" character do that... however, once someone is on the horse, the Boogres come along for the ride...

So there's the other opinion Take it for what it's worth... they're not so bad
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Wow... all this Boogre trashing.. if Willow hears this she'll have our heads... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... anyways.. I would also recommend unBoogreizing as well... However, if you're looking for a challenege to the game like I have been the last couple of times I've played, then keep your mages boogre'd... it makes the game a whole lot more interesting...
Old 07-06-2004, 12:41 AM   #7
Dang
The Magister

One downside to Boogreism that no one has mentioned--most of your cool costume changes don't show up on your paperdoll. I had a Gnome not stay a Boogre just because I wanted to see him in the Assassin costume. What, nobody else thinks that's a disadvantage?
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #8
aleph_null

I was just afraid of getting laughed at for saying it, Dang

Especially for a solo female character -- Lanfear, my current evil Elf Warlock, looks awful good in her Wizards Robe...
Old 07-06-2004, 01:24 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Of course Fashion is important!!

Seems to me that many ages ago we had a thread discussing our favorite outfits.

Wyv
Old 07-07-2004, 03:55 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

Yes, the fashion When I saw for the first time what ladies are doing with the wizard robe then I was stunned: "Oh my God! You are going to enter a dungeon, not a ball!" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]