Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-11-2004, 01:24 AM   #1
Chao
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've never really understood the difference between the two. How does the game make checks for each one? How high should I raise each one?
Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:41 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

As I understand it you need to have high scores in both.

The first one is used when you initially hide in shadows. That determines if you hide sucessfully. if you have a low score here you may see a "Hide in Shadows Failed* message when you try to hide.

The Move silently is used when you are moving around. When you are hidden and moving this is constanly checked to see that you remain hidden.

Hopefully I got this right as its been a while.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:29 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Chance to Hide = (HiS + MS) /2 . This value is checked when you try to hide, and - I believe - once each round you continue to hide. You want this value as high as possible.
Move silently gives bonuses after you leave the shadows. In particular, it increases the delay between when you leave the shadows and when you become visible.
Hide in Shadows does nothing extra for you.
So, forget that Hide in Shadows exists. Put all your points into Move Silently.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:15 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hoooowever, there is a numerical limit on how high you can pump your Move Silently, which is 255%. So if you wish to have a higher Stealth value( say 150%), then some points will be needed in Hide in Shadows.

Pump into Move Silently first though.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #5
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Chance to Hide = (HiS + MS) /2 . This value is checked when you try to hide, and - I believe - once each round you continue to hide. You want this value as high as possible.
Move silently gives bonuses after you leave the shadows. In particular, it increases the delay between when you leave the shadows and when you become visible.
Hide in Shadows does nothing extra for you.
So, forget that Hide in Shadows exists. Put all your points into Move Silently.
Wow, this is so cool (never knew this!). I am just bookmarking this thread for myself!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote