Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-27-2000, 10:31 PM   #1
Taxman

How do you get through these things. I run straight ahead, around and I just can't get through the porticulis, it always closes before I get there. Help!

Old 11-27-2000, 11:37 PM   #2
Elara
The Magister

There is supposed to be a right way to do get through there, but the only way my party could succeed and keep everyone alive was to carry a crate from one of the earlier rooms, save the game, then Shift/Forward arrow key down the hall, pressing the Zero key on the numpad at the right time to jump over the two fire pits and jam the crate under the porticullus. Press the Fight icon on your carrier's action menu to drop crate in place, then duck under the gate.
E
Old 11-28-2000, 04:05 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I never managed to jump a thing successfully in there. Going through the second (healing)fire drops the door. At that stage, I never knew the the secret to high jumps was to stare at the ceiling and press Shift, forward arrow and 0/INS all at once. Might be that this becomes a lot easier. What worked for me is I grabbed a chest end on with my lead character, and ran through the fires. Door dropped on the chest, went back up, and dropped on about the 5th party member for a little crush damage. Another option would be to put a crate or two just infront of the door, run back through the flames to reset the trap. then run at the crate. When you get there, your momentum should push the crate under the door allowing you to force everything through while the door is thumping up and down. That was easily the most frustrating puzzle I have come across in the first half of the game.
Old 11-28-2000, 05:36 AM   #4
xenotoca

I did it the correct way run round the outside of the room and flip the switches, Heal up at each switch. The solution is in the walkthrough in the help file were you installed the game and the one on the main W&W page of this site.