Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-28-2001, 09:56 PM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

As a piggyback question off my other thread......When asking a man to move furniture why do you always pick the second heaviest piece in the house? Furthermore, after he has moved it to 5 different places, why do you send the poor sot back to the first place you sent him to and decide that you liked that one the best? Finally when he's exhausted from playing around the world (or living room) with the second heaviest piece of furnature, why do you start the whole process over again with the heaviest? Why? Why? Why?

I think there is genious in your exploits. And I also believe that it is a means of torture. Could any of you confirm this? If this is a means of torture is the subject of my other thread a similar instrument of your diabolical schemes?

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 09:59 PM   #2
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

It's all a conspiracy, otp. We get together and plan these things...and mother's pass it down to their daughters...

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-28-2001, 10:03 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
As a piggyback question off my other thread......When asking a man to move furniture why do you always pick the second heaviest piece in the house? Furthermore, after he has moved it to 5 different places, why do you send the poor sot back to the first place you sent him to and decide that you liked that one the best? Finally when he's exhausted from playing around the world (or living room) with the second heaviest piece of furnature, why do you start the whole process over again with the heaviest? Why? Why? Why?

I think there is genious in your exploits. And I also believe that it is a means of torture. Could any of you confirm this? If this is a means of torture is the subject of my other thread a similar instrument of your diabolical schemes?

Simple.. see the room aesthetics differ based on which heavy object is near which wall versus which view one has at the time of moving said heavy objects. Now should the view or the viewer change in any way, you need to reasses and that entails starting all over again! And the moon's phases do play a part in determing the exact pull of tidal waves on the furniture in question. *smarta$$ alert*

Cloudy
Old 09-28-2001, 10:06 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:

Well, you never know how things are gonna look until you move em and see. Sometimes you are wrong, and it doesn't look as good as you thought, so you change it again, but then it looks even worse than before, i.e., you end up deciding on your original set up, as it turned out to be the best one. Hey, you are getting good exercise No? Not to mention there is something about a man heaving heavy furniture, bulging biceps etc., on your behalf, that makes a lady feel appreciated

Hey, if you want to have things equal, have her cook you a really nice dinner in return Is only fair

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 10:31 PM   #5
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
It's all a conspiracy, otp. We get together and plan these things...and mother's pass it down to their daughters...

I knew it! Ha now I know the secret! There is absolutely nothing I can do about it.......but I KNOW THE SECRET! Heh.....I didn't even have to use tickling or dog slobber to get the answer out of you. Or at least part of the answer.

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 10:36 PM   #6
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Simple.. see the room aesthetics differ based on which heavy object is near which wall versus which view one has at the time of moving said heavy objects. Now should the view or the viewer change in any way, you need to reasses and that entails starting all over again! And the moon's phases do play a part in determing the exact pull of tidal waves on the furniture in question. *smarta$$ alert*

Cloudy
Arghhh....Women!!! *In a state of frustration bordering on rage OTP spins around and storms off, only to stub his little toe on a coffee table he had just moved minutes before for CloudSparkle. Undeterred in his resolve to exit angrily, OTP, holding his left foot in both hands, hops out of site, muttering something under his breath.*

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 10:40 PM   #7
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well, you never know how things are gonna look until you move em and see. Sometimes you are wrong, and it doesn't look as good as you thought, so you change it again, but then it looks even worse than before, i.e., you end up deciding on your original set up, as it turned out to be the best one. Hey, you are getting good exercise No? Not to mention there is something about a man heaving heavy furniture, bulging biceps etc., on your behalf, that makes a lady feel appreciated

Hey, if you want to have things equal, have her cook you a really nice dinner in return Is only fair

Truth be known, I'm sure I owe her much more than she will ever owe me. But if you tell a sole I said that, I will deny it vehemently.

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 11:43 PM   #8
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Truth be known, I'm sure I owe her much more than she will ever owe me. But if you tell a sole I said that, I will deny it vehemently.

"I hear notttthingk.. I see notttthingk"

------------------

Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 09-29-2001, 01:07 AM   #9
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
"I hear notttthingk.. I see notttthingk"

Thanks John D.! I know I can count on you....O Crusty One.

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 07:00 AM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Feign a bad back?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."