Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-06-2001, 07:23 PM   #1
andrewas
Harper

My TOB manual has gone MIA, and it dosent look like its ever coming back. So, I need to know what the above ability actually does. I mean, does it allow you to ignore every single usability restriction. Can a good thief suddenly use evil-only 2 handed swards, wear human leather armour, carry a staff of the magi and things like nalias ring or the corthala family armour.

Can I get proficiencies with weapons I normally coudnt use? could I back stab with a holy avenger sword? And would anything be able to survive a triple damage attack with a sword like that?. To say nothing of quintuple when i get around to restoring the original Imoen.

It seems to be a very powerful ability, the sort of thing any responsible GM would ban outright (so naturally i've been on the recieving end of similar countless times) so there must be a catch.
Old 10-06-2001, 07:31 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hello Andrewas, welcome to Ironworks, I think you should post this in the Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal forum instead, however I will try to answer as well as I can:

A thief with this can use ALL potions, wands, scrolls and things that can be put in the quickslots, on things which do not fit in the quickslots, I think he can use anything that is not prohibited because of his alignment or stats, I'm not sure about anything other than the quickslot things though.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

Sorcerer of Lady Lioness' Court.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-06-2001, 07:31 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursga...useanyitem.php
Old 10-06-2001, 07:35 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can use anything. UAI ignores restrictions.

This does not mean you can put proficiency points in any weapon though, so yes... you can wield the Holy Avenger, but you will be unskilled in it, as thieves cannot place proficiency points in Two-Handed Swords.

Bards can though.

One nifty thing is that you can wear helmets now.
Old 10-06-2001, 08:23 PM   #5
Istaron
Banned User

with the ability use any item, your only restriction will be your strenght

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 10-07-2001, 01:51 AM   #6
Norbane
Dungeon Master

I'm correct in assuming you wouldn't be able to backstab with any items other then the norm, right? Meaning no two-hand swords, no spears, ect.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.