Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have Road Runner Cable internet connection, which is by Time Warner cable. This qualified me for their new telephone service, which is digital phone connection. It is sweet because it has no long distance fees at all. I can talk to my sister in Hawaii as if it were a local call anytime day or night, no restricitons. The cost of this phone depends on what other service you have with Time Warner. If a person has both internet and cable tv...the cost is $40.00 for the phone connect. If a person only has one service, the cost of the phone connect is $45.00.

I do not have cable tv, as we only watch the shows that one can get on antenna, so what I learned is that I can get cable tv basic, which is what I am gettin now, but with cable clarity for $8.00/month, which would deduct $5.00 from the phone cost to bring it down to $40, so that in the end, I would only be paying like $3.00 for the clarity of basic television without the fuzz of antenna life. In the end, I will be paying less than $94/month for all three services. The deal was too good to pass up, especially with the throwing away of any care for long distance calling. Having Road Runner Cable for nearly four years now, I know that they treat me better and have better response to my problems than any other company I have dealt with. I feel safe giving them my phone service mostly because I have had bad trouble with MCI, AT&T, and Bellsouth over the past four years. If Time Warner treats my phone as well as they do my cable internet...I will be very pleased. They will have to do a good job. The biggest way to market a product is by word of mouth from friends and family, so if they want business from them, they have to treat me right. Then I will refer their services to everyone else, which is free marketing for them.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:42 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

One question: speed?
Old 10-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
One question: speed?
Speed on the phone? Well, since it is digital connection instead of a LAN line, I assume it is optimal. Probably less static interference as well.

I have not got the stats in front of me at this time...and it is time for class in six minutes! Yikes! Gotta run.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:55 AM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I just switched from a phone line to a cable phone and have not seen any differance. It is a lot cheaper however. I pay $13.00 a month and .05 per minute long distance capped at $20.00. So the most I would pay is $33.00. I have call waiting and caller ID. This is in Omaha, NE.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, that sounds like a good deal, I'll have to look out for it when the do it in my area. I've had RR for a long time now and am very satisfied with it!
Old 10-08-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Wow, that sounds like a good deal, I'll have to look out for it when the do it in my area. I've had RR for a long time now and am very satisfied with it!
http://www.twcdigitalphone.com/

I think from here you can type in your zipcode to see if you are able to get it in your area, but calling to ask is the safest bet, as they don't always update their site.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:44 PM   #7
Gxc
Elminster

sweet dealzz
Old 10-08-2004, 04:57 PM   #8
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

They were just getting this in the Huntsville Alabama area when I moved back to Indiana. Four years later they still don't have it around here.