Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-18-2001, 03:07 PM   #1
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, first Q. I haven't talked to any other toads yet, and the first thing Ekbu says to me is he doesn't like warm guys and tells me to leave, then I say to him Ukabu, but nothing happens, he just says you not Ukabu, leave now. What am I supposed to do?

Second, I just upgraded my Warrior to a Barbarian, it was my first time getting a level as a barbarian, but he didn't get any stats points to upgrade, like strength, dex, etc., but he got skill points, like sword, axe, etc. Is this how it is after you upgrade your class? If so, should I convert and get all my stats to 18 and then upgrade my class?

------------------
~Javrix
Javrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 03:22 PM   #2
Balgin
Elminster

According to the manual (and me and most of the posters here) when a character changes classes they recieve no ability points to distribute until their new level exceeds their old one. Until that point they gain one hit point and one skill advance per level.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 04:01 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Did you get the toad quest from Mekdawa?? Did you choose the word UKABU from the keyword list or did you type it? Was it case sensitive??

Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 04:03 PM   #4
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

You need to talk to Mekdawa (the wandering toad) at the eastern shore of Nymph Lake. He will bestow the title of "Ukabu" on you and you will then be able to converse with the cold-skins up north.

------------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 04:09 PM   #5
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I did all of that. I talked to Mekdawa, he said I was Ukabu, he said go to Ekbu and just say Ukabu, so I did, but all Ekbu says is you not Ukabu, go away now. Have I missed something? I have beaten the crypt, and I can either go to serpent temple or toad village, but I think I should go to Toad Village first, but stupid ekbu is creating this problem.

I selected it from the words on the left, and I also tried typing it in. Nothing works.
Old 03-18-2001, 04:21 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Okay - I think I might have figured out the problem.

While it may seem to you that you have selected Ekbu as the one with whom you are talking there are other toads there (right?) and I think the game has you selected as talking to another one of them. At least that is the only thing I can think of (this happened to me once). Try changing your position so that only Ekbu is visible and then talk to him.

Hope that is the problem and solves it for you!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 04:38 PM   #7
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I tried all that. This is what I did, after going through the river on my raft, the river gets too narrow to continue on the raft, so I get off and I make my way on foot. The first thing I see in Toad Village is the two bridges above the water. There's a gap inbetween them, one has a ladder, I climb the ladder and go towards the hut connected to the bridge. The first toad is Ekbu, but there is another toad behind him. The first time they both started talking to me, so I restarted the game and got in range of only ekbu. He does start to talk to me and tells me that toads are everywhere and always watching, then he says to me to go home, warm skins aren't welcome. After he is finished talking, I just say Ukabu. I have tried typing it in manually and selecting from the talk list. Nothing seems to work. This kinda sucks!
Old 03-18-2001, 06:34 PM   #8
slug
Manshoon

have you given the potion to meckdawa and gotten credit for that temple guild quest? i would have thought these two events were seperate, but maybe they are connected. maybe you could sneak in anyway and say Ukabu to Shinwiki and still get the quest. it's worth a try.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 06:36 PM   #9
slug
Manshoon

or perhaps it is the warrior guild quest that you need to accept before you are really "Ukabu"
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 12:51 AM   #10
Javrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I've given the potion to Mekdawa and I've excepted the warriors guild quest to see what's is going on in toad village. No one else has run into this problem?