Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 01:53 AM   #51
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Larry and Reeka, just shut the ■■■■ up on each other, mkay?

Thanks for showing so much poise and maturity straight after my post, Timber - you've got the right sentiment, but your timing and turn of phrase is impeccable, as always.
[/QUOTE]I always endeavour to please, Mr. Dangly-thingie. Sometimes bluntness is needed. I'll accept any ramifications if they are forthcoming. Ulitmately, though, no one will ever accuse me of not speaking my mind. Additionally, I hope it's obvious that my committment to IWF is beyond reproach. The site and what it offers are larger than me or any other poster or our piddly disagreements. Keeping IWF alive as a gaming/discussion resource is a goal I'm willing to make the personal sacrifice for -- in many ways, including my wallet and my membership status.

[ 02-06-2004, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 02-06-2004, 01:56 AM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Don't worry, there won't be any ramifications this time, as your heart's in the right place and in a funny kind of way you're trying to settle things down. Sometimes I wish a bit of poise would come into speaking your mind, though.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:59 AM   #53
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Don't worry, there won't be any ramifications this time, as your heart's in the right place and in a funny kind of way you're trying to settle things down. Sometimes I wish a bit of poise would come into speaking your mind, though.
Sorry, I am what I am's. We US types aren't as poised as you who speak and decended from the true English grace. Call it crass, call it rebellion, call it uncouth, but it simply is not our (and particularly MY) style. But, cheers, mate, and have a good night. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2004, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 02-06-2004, 02:04 AM   #54
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Sorry, I am what I am's. We US types aren't as poised as you who speak and decended from the true English grace. Call it crass, call it rebellion, call it uncouth, but it simply is not our (and particularly MY) style. But, cheers, mate, and have a good night. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Mate, you've obviously never been to OZ, the Land That Convicts Founded, eh. You won't find a more rebellious, irreverent, uncouth, crass, foulmouthed bunch of boofheads anywhere on the planet (eg Yorick, Davros, Wellard ) - ask any of the hapless Pommies on here who are their victims (eg Donut, Lanesra, Skunk, etc). The only reason I posses style and grace is because I spent my childhood in Los Angeles.

[ 02-06-2004, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 02-06-2004, 02:06 AM   #55
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

LA breeds character (exhibited in style and grace)? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Tell me more!
Old 02-06-2004, 02:09 AM   #56
Chewbacca
Zartan

LOL Memnoch, your first reply to TL made me smile.
My salutations for bringing some lightheartedness to this thread! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, I think we should brainstorm, persist, and endeavor to help find a semi/permanent solution to the ongoing IW money problem. I can volunteer not only some money on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, but some time as well. Could the 3-10 hours a week I could offer help in some way?
Old 02-06-2004, 02:19 AM   #57
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
LOL Memnoch, your first reply to TL made me smile.
My salutations for bringing some lightheartedness to this thread! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, I think we should brainstorm, persist, and endeavor to help find a semi/permanent solution to the ongoing IW money problem. I can volunteer not only some money on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, but some time as well. Could the 3-10 hours a week I could offer help in some way?
No worries...I think we all needed it.

As for investing time in brainstorming etc - hold that thought. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 03:06 AM   #58
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I want to thank Timber for the tuff love, Memnoch for your open mindedness to his comments, and both of you for having a sense of humor. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] We absolutely needed it right now!

[ 02-06-2004, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 02-06-2004, 03:22 AM   #59
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
originally posted by Memnoch

foulmouthed bunch
I wouldn't bet on that Memnoch, overhere they slap you with disseases yet unknown to the medical world.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:54 AM   #60
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I know Reeka is not one to tell everyone about how she donates Larry, and until now she hasn't done so, I think she reveled this (that she donated) as to back up her other reasons in her post, thats all. I know personally, she is NOT one to brag by any way at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let's PLEASE not turn this into a semi-flame thread everyone, I am sure Larry didn't mean it as harsh as it sounded. (He is sometimes hard to 'read' sometimes) --- Right Larry?

Let's focus on reaching the Donations right now, we still need to raise another $184.00, and we will be cool for the Month.

PS: I'm personally having a VERY bad week since I got that shot in my back (for pain). It is giving me some VERY unpleasant side effects (they are 'normal' and I get them every 3 or 4 shots..) It SUCKS so bad, you want to die. Bad headaches, BAD upset stomach (feels like an ulcer eating a hole in me), nerves through legs and back feel like I am literally being shocked. (lightly) and VERY tired all the time.

This lasts for 10 or so days--it SEEMS like a lifetime, I swear. Anyway, that is kinda why I haven't been posting much in the last week. It feels like I'm dying, but I'm not [img]smile.gif[/img] . UGH!!!!!!! But once they wear off, I feel better, and the shot helps take the worst of the pain away. I swear, I don't see myself living the rest of my life like this. It really is depressing.

I would post more and reply to every ones worries on Larry's comments, and how to make money with IW, but seriously, at the moment, I am so weak/tired, I can't at the moment guys.. Sorry

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album