Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-04-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Just a short note to thank our Antipodean cousins for their vinicultural excellence. I am just getting into a really nice 2000 Callara Park Shiraz/Malbec/Mourvedre, and as for Devils Lair Pinot Noir.................mmmmmmm [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Btw, for our younger readers, just substitute your favourite soda/fruit drink/beverage for the above [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 05-04-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmmm, since you brought it up, which is your favourite:
Red wine or white???
I've always preferred white myself, pleasant, though not as full-bodied as red, and not too dry.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:08 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
that's quite a mouth full, is it any good ?
Old 05-04-2002, 09:09 PM   #4
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Heh, I prefer red wine, it's far more tasty then white imo.
My friend just brought me a bottle of Austrialian red last week. Very good, hadn't had Aussie wine before. I forgot the brand but it came with a little kangaroo on the neck
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-04-2002, 09:15 PM   #5
lroyo

We do have excellent wine in Australia. Personally, I'm not a red drinker. But I've been known to dabble with a white....or two....or three. [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2002, 09:18 PM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Forget the snob value of "Old World" wines - some of the most exciting and best value for money vintages are now coming from Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina etc.

Happy quaffing [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 05-05-2002, 05:33 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Forget the snob value of "Old World" wines - some of the most exciting and best value for money vintages are now coming from Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina etc.

Happy quaffing [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
True, very true. Hardly ever drink French wine any more (Sorry Moiraine! ) though the occasional rioja (Spanish) is good.
Old 05-05-2002, 05:39 AM   #8
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My mom bought a case of Australian wine once, i tried the merlot, and it was actually quite smooth, which is good, cause i really dont like wine that much [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2002, 06:27 AM   #9
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oh I love white wine. I hada class from Austrialia the other day that was fantastic. I need to go to a wine store and figureout the name all. I remember was cloud as being part fo the winery name i think.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:38 AM   #10
Lord Shield

I prefer white myself. If I do drink red it will be an Australian: Cabernet Sauvignon