Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 10:17 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

As we all know, it takes 1 calorie to heat 1 gram of water 1 degree centigrade. Translated into meaningful terms, this means that if you eat a very cold dessert (generally consisting of water in large part), the natural processes which raise the consumed dessert to body temperature during the digestive cycle literally sucks the calories out of the only available source: your body fat.

For example, a dessert served and eaten at near 0 degrees C (32.2 deg. F) will in a short time be raised to the normal body temperature of 37 degrees C (98.6 deg. F). For each gram of dessert eaten, that process takes approximately 37 calories as stated above. The average dessert portion is 6 oz, or 168 grams. Therefore, by operation of thermodynamics law, 6,216 calories (1 cal/gm/deg. x 37 deg. x 168 grams) are extracted from body fat as the dessert's temperature is normalized.

Allowing for the 1,200 latent calories in the dessert, the net calorie loss is approximately 5,000 calories. Obviously, the more cold dessert you eat, the better off you are and the faster you will lose weight, if that is your goal.

This process works equally well when drinking very cold beer in frosted glasses. Each ounce of beer contains 16 latent calories, but extracts 1,036 calories (6,216 cal. per 6 oz. portion) in the temperature normalizing process. Thus, the net calorie loss per ounce of beer is 1,020 calories.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate that 12,240 calories (12 oz. x 1,020 cal./oz.) are extracted from the body in the process of drinking a can of beer!!

Frozen desserts, e.g., ice cream, are even more beneficial, since it takes 83 cal./gm to melt them (i.e., raise them to 0 deg. C) and an additional 37 cal./gm to further raise them to body temperature. The results here are really remarkable, and it beats running, hands down!
Unfortunately, for those who eat pizza as an excuse to drink beer, pizza (loaded with latent calories and served above body temperature) induces an opposite effect. But, thankfully, as the astute reader should have already reasoned, the obvious solution is to drink a lot of beer with pizza and follow up immediately with large bowls of ice cream.

We could all be thin if we were to adhere religiously to a pizza, beer, and ice cream diet.

This was found in the humor section of www.dottisweightlosszone.com which is a great serious source of help for dieters (especially those using WWWP)
Old 12-07-2001, 11:46 PM   #2
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Beer and Ice cream?? Count me in!!!!!! How about beer flavored ice cream!!! How about a beer milkshake!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!
Old 12-08-2001, 03:17 AM   #3
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Good idea! Now we have no excuse not to eat beer and icecream for every meal!
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 12-08-2001, 05:01 AM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

I like beer and ice cream separately, but the thought of consuming both together is foul [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And beer flavoured ice cream? Never! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2001, 06:44 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Mmm, I would like to get on that diet!
This is a very good excuse for having beer and icecream every meal.
[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] , Ronn_Bman!

see ya!
Old 12-08-2001, 07:37 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmmmm I've been on that diet for quite awhile and its not working well. Must be one of those things that take a couple years so I'll continue on
Old 12-08-2001, 07:47 AM   #7
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

I may have to disagree with these statistics. I tried a variation on this diet before. It was at Daytona Beach for Spring Break a while ago. But our diet consisted only of beer. The first night I gained about 105lbs, and on the second night of the diet I gained about 115lbs.
Old 12-08-2001, 08:03 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hmmmm I've been on that diet for quite awhile and its not working well. Must be one of those things that take a couple years so I'll continue on

LoA, I think the problem is you haven't really devoted yourself to this diet. You have to give 100%! No more healthy food, just beer and ice cream. You can do it!
Old 12-08-2001, 08:32 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok, I am stocked up with beer, should last me until.....maybe dawn not sure. I'll check for immediate results when the beer runs out! And of course I'll be getting more at noon for football so the diet will continue! btw Ronn, you were on the old board werent you? I think you e-mailed me once long ago about us both being from NC?
Old 12-08-2001, 08:43 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Yes, I was on before the switch to the current board, and we did exchange emails. I don't remember much about the old board though, was it the "blue board" people talk about?

Glad to hear you are concentrating on the diet [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] . Remember, fat free, reduced fat, sugar free, etc., ice creams don't count. Neither do "lite" beers. Maybe that's been the problem [img]graemlins/arcadefreak.gif[/img]

BTW, does the smiley I just used look like a thinking smiley with the guy drumming his fingers, or a guy using a joy stick? I think it looks more like a thinking smiley!