Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

No, I'm not talking about fairytales. But rather about the upcoming movie of the director of Monthy Python. In this fictional movie about the two brothers, they are depicted as partners in crime who con supersticious French farmers and villagers by pretending to be famous monster hunters. They end up in trouble when they end up facing a real curse. I've just seen the trailer, which let me to conclude that this movie has the potential to be brilliant. Here is a link to the official website.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:43 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Yeah, I saw a poster for this. Looks not too bad, and the trailer looks promising as well.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the trailer link, the movie looks like it'l be pretty good.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Intriguing... but keeping my fingers crossed.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I have seen the movie, and this is what I think of it. No better than Van Helsing, but still worth entertainment.

I have said before in other movie discussions, I am not a critic of movies, I just watch movies and like the story I am being told.

This had some good special effects, an entertaining story-line and the acting was not bad. The way they created all the Grimm fairy tale originations was a cool idea...you could see where a fact becomes a myth and the changes it undergoes during the passing down of stories. I especially liked that. But there were two problems with this movie.

#1. The director sucked. He took the imagination of the screen writers and screwed it up. I am sure that if a better director would have been doing the work, the movie would have been better portrayed.

#2. The script itself was not bad...but there were some problems with it where a conversation teetered on the cheap side. I do not blame the actors. They had the script and the director to put up with, and I think they did fine with what they had. But I saw a few places where even I could have suggested a better scene script of this or that.

For ranking...I give this movie an:
A- in originality
C- in direction
B- in script work

Final words...if you like fantasy movies and a fun story, see this movie and judge for yourself...especially if you are a fan of Van Helsing or LoEG. But wait until it comes to a $2 theater or for rent. Don't pay $7.50 in desperation like I did. I was the only one in the theater room on a Tuesday 7pm show. (Which rocked in its own way)</font>
Old 09-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #6
BassMan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Terry Gilliam sucked? This surprises me. He is the director of most MP-sketches, and co-directing the movies, and all were brilliant. Maybe he should stick to humour, then?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #7
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Nicer then me, Larry (good thing to), I would have given it:

Idea: B -Started out well, then flip flopped around.
Acting: C - Daemon and that guy with spectacles were good. Everyone else reeked of mediocrity.
Plot: D - Nothing to inspiring, though I guess that was it's aim.
How it all came together: D -My friend and I left the theatre, remarked on how bad it was, and never spoke of it again.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:44 AM   #8
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I thought it was alright for the type of movie it was, but what fairy tale was Calvaldi involved in?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:20 AM   #9
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I was disappointed.