Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
Arias De'Minal
Manshoon

Spoiler
^
^
^
^
^
^
^

I was fighting Irenicus at Spellhold when all of a sudden another me pops up out of the ground. Now this "mini-me" was not really mini, but infact a naked (no armour and stuff) me, but instead of helping me, it tried to kill me. What spell is this that Irenicus used? Where can I buy one?
Old 02-23-2003, 03:36 PM   #2
Raistlin Majere
Ra

You dont get it anywhere('cept shadow keeper perhaps). Its kinda like Rapture of the Father, something thats only for Irenicus(dont know about PnP though). I know you can gat RotF via SK. Its basically a FoD spell without the saving through.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:36 PM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

LoL, heck ... you can do a lot better than that inflatable dummy Irenicus comes up with. Just cast Simulacrum -lvl 8 spell- and you're in business.

Now,.. not being a mage .. it might be handy to buy Vhailor's helm, which creates a simulacrum for anyone who can wear a helmet [img]smile.gif[/img]

Your clone will be at 60% of your lvl though ..

Hope it helpz [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2003, 03:50 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Similicrum only gives you one image of yourelf and it can cast spells and attack for you and you completly dissapear and your oponet just attacks the clone.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:59 PM   #5
daan
Silver Dragon

ehr ... no ?

You're mixing up a few spells here I think:

- Project Image:
An exact duplicate is made of the caster which knows all the spells the caster knows. The image cannot attack physically though, only with spells and the caster himself is incapacitated ( controlling the image ).

- Mislead:
The caster goes (improved) invisible, while a duplicate of the caster is created. This duplicate cannot cast or attack and solely acts as a decoy.
(there are however a few cheesy tricks you can pull with this one)

- Simulacrum:
A duplicate of the caster is created, which can fight beside the caster.
The caster is unaffected in any way .. so you now have two of you fighting. The duplicate is at 60% of the caster's level.

[ 02-23-2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: daan ]
Old 02-23-2003, 04:16 PM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Actually, the Mislead character CAN attack! though come to think of it, im not 100% sure if he inflicts any damage...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

The answer to the original question is difficult but it does that to all your party and is not bug. Very basic advice, Irencuis has made clones of you so kill them. Simple solution.
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:23 PM   #8
daan
Silver Dragon

First generation clones cant attack. The most they'd do is hug up to the enemy.
Second generation clones and clones still there when you've reloaded f.e. can however attack. This is a bug and would be considered cheese to use [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Project Images can also physically attack using cheese. Just let a PI cast the 9th lvl spell : Shapechange. Change into anything you like and guess what :
You can attack

Of the three mentioned, only the simulacrum is supposed to be able to attack physically. Simulacrum can do whatever they like, PI's can cast spells, misleaded clones can hug at most [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-23-2003, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: daan ]
Old 02-23-2003, 04:34 PM   #9
Annatar
Mephistopheles

The Clone's are a little experiment of Irenicus, they are not casted... but made, just like Irenicus made Ellisime in the fun house, there is an other thread also about clone's/doppelgangers that pop up in the random encounter with the peasants that are looking for you talk and talk, then they change in to copíes of your party... strange isn't it

Both of the cloned partie's are weak and easy to deal with.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:39 PM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

Though the dopplegangers arent really dopplegangers either.
There's been some discussion about it allready. The consensus was either another set of clones or dopplegangers .. maybe even a link to BG: 1.

However, looking at the loot they leave when you kill them .. it becomes undeniable what they are. You'll have to have completed the game once already to know though ..

That loot is charateristic for rakshasa .. a race with whom Irenicus is cooperating, as you'll later find out [img]smile.gif[/img]