Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #51
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

But, you shouldn't be worried about European football riots. They are lame.

The only football riots you need to be careful of, are, the South Americans, and us English...

English football hooliganism is a big thing, with a lot of clubs having their own gangs, that go to every game and fight with the other team...

Millwall & West Ham are two of the worst....
Ever seen The Football Factory?

I'm from Aberdeenshire, Scotland btw (any more vague and no one will have a clue)!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #52
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I'm assuming mine is descriptive enough for you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

L.Sedai- I'll trade you winters. -20C cold enough for you?
-20C? Are you living in the same part of Edmonton as I am? I was thinking along the lines of -30C, but then you need to look at the wind chill factor, so maybe around -40C or so? [/QUOTE]Heh... I was going to say -40, but we only get that for a couple days in the winter. I was thinking average temperature throughout the winter, being -15 to -20C.
Quote:
Sir G, Mineapolis am I right? I've not looked it up, so I daint know. Plus the spelling is probably really wrong lol.
Erm... if Minneapolis was spelt with 2 less letters, and with an e,d,m,o,n,t,o,n, and was north of the US, then yes! Bang on! Just remember, I'm in Bioware-land. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
(My location is given, in my profile, BTW [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #53
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:

The only football riots you need to be careful of, are, the South Americans, and us English...

English football hooliganism is a big thing, with a lot of clubs having their own gangs, that go to every game and fight with the other team...

I'm from Aberdeenshire, Scotland btw (any more vague and no one will have a clue)!
[/QUOTE]Yeah, cool football hooliganism film!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #54
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:

No idea what your going on about, as I didn't say anything offensive. So, if I caused offence, I apologise. If not, please grow up? This is a mature board, and "so long and good days" just sound kinda childish ok?
That sounds like "If I caused offense, I apologise, if not, I will now." [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, he does have a point with #5. Lack of patriotism doesn't make a person stupid. In fact, on some public occasions it could make a person seem more smart.

As for me, I hail from the dry desert valleys and gigantic palaces of Estonia. Fear our astonishingly original culture. [img]graemlins/egypt.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:30 PM   #55
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

just look at morgeruats location. hard to get away from my own husband
Old 06-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #56
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
quote:

[/QB][/QUOTE]"SEE YOU! I'LL CUT YOU FIRST!"
"Have you met Stanley?"

etc

Fantastic film, and the only one I've seen *spoiler* that has the balls to not reform its "anti-hero".
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:54 AM   #57
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]"SEE YOU! I'LL CUT YOU FIRST!"
"Have you met Stanley?"

etc

Fantastic film, and the only one I've seen *spoiler* that has the balls to not reform its "anti-hero". [/QB][/QUOTE]Come on now!!! The Italian Ultras put us to shame.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:49 AM   #58
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
quote:

No idea what your going on about, as I didn't say anything offensive. So, if I caused offence, I apologise. If not, please grow up? This is a mature board, and "so long and good days" just sound kinda childish ok?
That sounds like "If I caused offense, I apologise, if not, I will now." [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, he does have a point with #5. Lack of patriotism doesn't make a person stupid. In fact, on some public occasions it could make a person seem more smart.
[/QUOTE]Not really...I'm saying, if I caused offense I apologise. If I didn't, stop looking for an argument. I cannae see how anyone can take offence at anything I said.

And regarding patriotism, I disagree.

Everyone, should be proud of where they come from. I might hate certain things about my country, but at the end of the day, I'm proud to be English. I might think the Queen makes us look soft, or that Tony Blair makes us look stupid, but I don't care. People can judge them, but not my country.

One should never be ashamed of his heritage, where there fathers were born and raised etc, and where many people in the past have fought to keep their country their own. People need to be proud.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:16 AM   #59
Sigmar
Unicorn

I'm proud of Gibraltar, all 2 by 2 feet of it. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #60
mad=dog

Sadly my location is not vague so I have avoided this wonderful topic. However on the football riot issue someone once said "people go down to the stadium every sunday for a fight... and occationally a game of football would break out." I found that mighty humourous.