Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #11
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Was looking at the mage forums and it seems I misread the invisibility description. Looks like it won't be a vanish-esque escape since it takes 8 seconds to go fully invisible. At least it removes movement impairing effect so it does have some use in the middle of PvP combat.

EDIT: Misread it again. No removing of effects. So..... flag runner? Maybe?

[ 08-28-2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: armageddon272 ]
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #12
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Ice Block isn't an escape, in fact, from my experience it is the only AOE PvP Taunt in the game and is rarely resisted as such
[img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] You owe me a monitor cleaning. [/QUOTE]*Hands Squegee then pops invisibility while Timber has his back turned*

"Clean it yourself"

Oh wait, you're a lock....detect invisibility. Fine, you win, I don't wanna get eaten by your puppy.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Hmm, some nice boosts to the rogues, but nothing too special...

I'll tell you what though, dual wielding shamans sound quite scary....
Nothing special? You get a talent to get 90% resistance against spells, you get an openner that silences, you get a talent that gives you a 20% chance to not die! You get a ranged finisher move that does sweet damage. Frankly, I think you made out pretty well.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #14
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
Nothing special? You get a talent to get 90% resistance against spells, you get an openner that silences, you get a talent that gives you a 20% chance to not die! You get a ranged finisher move that does sweet damage. Frankly, I think you made out pretty well.
Quote:
Nothing special? You get a talent to get 90% resistance against spells
90% for 4 seconds....wow

Quote:
you get an openner that silences
True, garrote did need a boost to become usefull. But who would use it over cheap shot? I doubt boss's will be affected by it...

Quote:
you get a talent that gives you a 20% chance to not die!
Yes, but I doubt it will stop DOT's

Quote:
You get a ranged finisher move that does sweet damage
Yes, provided that you have a fwew combo points on your target. Then you have to get out of melee range (which is harder than it sounds) before you can use it.

I'm not saying we are worse off, I like the new stuff. I'm just saying that we could have done better.

All I want is for Blizzard to fix vanish/stealth, and I will be te happiest man alive.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #15
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Not to start with the sweeping statements but I have said it before, and strongly believe Mages don't need that much of a buff IMHO. I think they are one of the most powerful classes in PvP.

Like all classes, certain builds work better in PvP than PvE as some skills simply won't even work vs. another player. Ice is the ultimate PvP spec. Not the ultimate damage or dueling spec, but the ultimate spec for PvP as we see it implemented through Bg's and team-PvP in WoW. Any mage worth his salt can eat rogues for dinner. My rogue has awful problems with them, and my mage has no problems with them . I can take you through the steps and it is hardly rocket science...the spells are all there. I just got off AB earlier kiting a rogue +4 levels to me. Even with the level difference the only problem I have is the odd "resist".
Old 08-29-2006, 05:34 AM   #16
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I wish they'd make combo points target-debuffs, so they stick even when you change target. It's SO annoying losing your target and having 0 combo points again.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
I wish they'd make combo points target-debuffs, so they stick even when you change target. It's SO annoying losing your target and having 0 combo points again.
That's why you're not supposed to change targets. Keep the itchy finger away from the Tab key. Rogues have to focus like a laser on one target until it's down. Same for kitty durids.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #18
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Warlocks got a very nice boost, and I think so did the mages. I'm going to roll one or the other for the xpac unless something comes up.

My pallies got a boost! Tanking is viable (at level 70)! Healing got a good improvement and it looks like we'll be able to some better DPS with all the new spells and talents for Retribution. !<3!
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #19
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:

quote:
You get a ranged finisher move that does sweet damage
Yes, provided that you have a fwew combo points on your target. Then you have to get out of melee range (which is harder than it sounds) before you can use it.
[/QB][/QUOTE]I don't think it' meant to be used instead of eviscerate, but it means that if you get a few combo point during those few seconds you're in melee range of my mage, now you can actually hurt me after I blink! Bye Bye rogue kiting.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #20
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
I don't think it' meant to be used instead of eviscerate, but it means that if you get a few combo point during those few seconds you're in melee range of my mage, now you can actually hurt me after I blink! Bye Bye rogue kiting.
Until the rogue has used his finisher, and has no combo points *grin*