Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-02-2003, 07:54 AM   #11
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I always though that they were cabbage people..... [img]graemlins/eating.gif[/img]
Loipops it is.
Hehe

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 04-02-2003, 10:19 AM   #12
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I love Salvatore's books....oops...I guess not many people like him around here then...

I also love Loddoss War! I've only seen the second series, though, up to when you first see Spark (I think it is...blue haired guy anyway) grown up. Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, that's it!

Oops, sorry to be so off-topic...I just was happy that someone else likes anime here...
Old 04-02-2003, 10:34 AM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
I love Salvatore's books....oops...I guess not many people like him around here then...

You got that right! But, feel free to like him and defend him, we don't care. We just don't ever hear the term Craisheboinin(sp?) again.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:35 AM   #14
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
yes yes it's true it's true... Acoording to the Lodoss war TV series anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] This drow also could cast spells that made cakes descend from the heavens and sweet bean paste magic missiles [img]tongue.gif[/img] The only thing he wanted though was Neice's cookies [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Skittles???
Old 04-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #15
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

they eat food of course

actually there was similar discussion at another forum,
in my opinion, drow eat what they can find. Sometimes they rely upon the import/export merchants. Water is scarce at the underground
Old 04-03-2003, 06:14 AM   #16
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
they eat food of course

actually there was similar discussion at another forum,
in my opinion, drow eat what they can find. Sometimes they rely upon the import/export merchants. Water is scarce at the underground

No way......!!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 03:08 PM   #17
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

way!
Old 04-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #18
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Actually most drow cities (make that most underdark cities) are located near water sources, being securely defended does no good at all if you can't feed or water your own people. Drow receive shipments of supplies and delicacies from the surface from merchants, but the primary dietary staples, are Rothe`, and fungus. They also enjoy the delicacy of blind cave-fish that live in their reserviors and lakes (probably includes Kuo-Toa, explaining the animosity between the two evil races).

I for one enjoyed alot of Salvatores work, but he lost his spark after book 3 of the cleric quintet, and Siege of Darkness (I'd like some new heroes or at least an original story with Cadderly that doesn't have him and friends as a cameo to another story with no relevence to the meeting) the constantly recurring cameos from his other stories does nothing for me and ruins the story for me.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:50 AM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Skittles??? [/QB]
Nnnno actually he couldn't cast a skittle spell...

Though Lepricauns with Rainbows Could...
Old 04-04-2003, 08:58 AM   #20
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:

I for one enjoyed alot of Salvatores work, but he lost his spark after book 3 of the cleric quintet, and Siege of Darkness (I'd like some new heroes or at least an original story with Cadderly that doesn't have him and friends as a cameo to another story with no relevence to the meeting) the constantly recurring cameos from his other stories does nothing for me and ruins the story for me.
The trouble with Salvatore is that he leaves a lot of situations danglin, in fear of alienating his core audience, when the characters should be growing and changing. And, Artemis Enteri needs to be well and truly dead and buried.