Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 05:16 AM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I'm looking to build a powerhouse Cleric/Ranger multiclass for importing BG/TotSC/SoA/ToB. I have some questions on how importing works

1. how do profieccency points carry over? I wanted to take shield proficeincy once I got to SoA, so can I switch them?

2. If I made Imoen a backstabber, would that be her stats in SoA, or would they be her usual ones? If I dualed her, would that carry over?

3. Any good hammers in BG1 that I'm missing? I never find any that useful. I am definately using Crom Faeyr in SoA.

4. Can a C/R "fall"? For example, if I killed a certain dark elf?

TIA
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:38 AM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

1 - proficiency points don't carry over - you get to re-allocate them as you like

2 - you have no choice over Imoen's build in SoA - she'll be a thief dualled to mage with her thief points in traps and locks

3 - there's a +2 hammer with electrical damage associated with one of the quests in the general area of beregost

4 - i don't know if falling happens in BG1

have fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:48 AM   #3
Senior Frog
Dungeon Master

It's been a while since I played a ranger through BG1, but I do seem to remember becoming a fallen ranger. I just don't remember where the cut off is in rep. Not sure if it'll still happen with a multi though.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:19 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks

If its a rep cutoff to fall, then I should be fine (rep 14-5=9=no fallin) I though it was commiting an act of evil or such.

I'm okay with imoen being like that, I just didn't want to mess her up by being backstabbity in BG1.

Thanks about the hammer. I think I know the one you're referring to, I had just forgotten about that. Are there any better than +2 though?
Old 11-30-2004, 12:31 PM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

The only one handed cleric weapon better than that hammer is a Staff-Mace +2.

Since proficiencies are not carried over, you may as well use that when you get your hands on it.

BTW, I'm currently playing a C/R in BGI and plan on playing him all the way to the end of ToB as well! Good luck!
Old 12-01-2004, 02:35 AM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Just how is the Staff Mace better than Ashideena (to anyone other than a Cleric/Thief, that is)? Especially considering what you have to go through to get it?

Falling does occur in BG1 (but only the PC can Fall, no matter if you're in BG1 or BG2), but due to some freaky glitch, Ranger/Clerics, whether Dual or Multi, cannot Fall. Ever. Weird, huh? (Caveat: Fallen Rangers are not prohibited from Dualing to Cleric.)
Old 12-01-2004, 05:24 AM   #7
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Fallen rangers can dual to cleric? Cool.

Thanks for the info. While I'm at it, I thought of another quick question. It's kinda a SoA question, but while I'm here I might as well.

If I kill that pesky dark elf, when he shows up with buddies in SoA, can I still enlist his help? Does it require a high CHA?

TIA... again.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
Fallen rangers can dual to cleric? Cool.
Cool? Uh, yeah....if you consider not being able to Stealth, Charm Animal, or cast spells really cool. (Well, technically, you can still cast spells, but you have to use the Quick Spell button to do it.) Just about the crappiest character that can be made is a Fallen Beast Master->Cleric.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:14 PM   #9
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Just how is the Staff Mace better than Ashideena (to anyone other than a Cleric/Thief, that is)? Especially considering what you have to go through to get it?
1)The Staff-Mace has a higher maximum damage and weighs less. OTOH, Ashideena has a higher minimum damage. The elemental damage of Ashideena is a disadvantage IMHO, as some creatures can resist it, or are all together immune to it. I guess Ashineena has the advantage that warhammers look cooler than maces.

2)I'm not concerned with what you have to do to get the weapon. In my game, my C/R is currently using Ashideena, but when the party can handle it, I'll try to get that Staff-Mace for him.

[ 12-01-2004, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: krunchyfrogg ]
krunchyfrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:04 PM   #10
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I guess I meant "interesting" [img]smile.gif[/img]

I can't go wrong with either of those weapons, since it's just blunt weapon profieciency for both of them.