Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 09-26-2006, 12:23 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I watched the premier of this show tonight. It was as good as I had hoped, maybe better, and I look forward to next week! I hope it don't get cancelled by greedy fools that kill shows before they've had their chance.

If you don't know what I am talking about...

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

They have a forum set up and everything. Each hero tonight learned something about themselves and how they are...different. My favorite was the mom that saw her reflection in a mirror, but cannot figure out why her reflection does not seem to be her own self. After getting knocked out by a thug, she awakes to find him dead, and sees her reflection stained in blood, smiling...yet she herself is not bloodied. The comic relief of the show is definately the Japanese that adores Star Trek and can mess with time and even teleport. </font>

[ 10-17-2006, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 09-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

I saw it last night and I agree it was great. I liked the girl who can get hurt when she was describing what she has done to her self this week ( fallen off a building etc.)
I was wondering if the Mom's son has any powers ( super genius) and if the brother only fly if together ( that would be sort of lame).
Looking forward to next weeks epsisode!
P.S they are rerunning the pilot today ( tueday)
Old 10-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>This show is getting great reviews now, and seems to be a sure thing for the time being. The second episode Monday left us screaming with questions and needing more!

Anybody else into it?</font>
Old 10-08-2006, 04:32 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

If they do this series right, it could be freaking amazing. But remember, NBC usually NEVER gives Sci-fi long lives--even when they do well, NBC cancels things.

I, for one, hope they don't cancel it. So far, the writing is awesome, and the way it should be done.

NBC owns Bravo and the Sci-Fi channel now, so they do refeeds on sci-fi of Heroes too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Dang! I was at a friends cottage and forgot all about it. Is it on again tonight?

Edit: looks like I have my days mixed up. It's Thanksgiving, in Canada, so it's on tonight.

[ 10-09-2006, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

It isn't on the TV schedule up here that I can see. I tried the feed off the NBC site, but it just seemed to hang. Oh well.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
Marathon
Elminster

This is one of the few shows I've got set to record on my DVR every week. Siler looks to be one evil bastard, with a mix of powers. I think the Japanese guys are my favorites so far, but the cop is pretty cool as well. And I really want to see what is behind the lady and her reflection - I'm thinking the mass grave was all from her, not her husband.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Man, I wish each episode was like 4 hours long.. Such kick ass writing on this show. SO Rare these days...

I gotta go check out that comic on NBC.com

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:17 AM   #9
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I first saw a preview to this show in the movie theater. I thought that it sounded like a cool concept. I have since seen the first two episodes and I really liked what I saw. The show has a lot of potential. For some reason it reminded me of the X-Files.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:53 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=lightgreen>Spoilers about Last Night's Show (ep. 4) included. </font>

<font color=skyblue>Wow! The show was great tonight!

This crazy show has me hooked, and I cannot wait to see next week!

I was thinking they were slow on Hiro's section of the story today until the end. What a great ending. Did you see him look all samari with his sword and all? And his english!

We saw Nikki finally kick some ass. That was good, but it was not violent enough. I was expecting her to be more crazy-like.

The younger brother...he's a chamilion for powers! He can do powers of other supers! I knew it would be something like that!

The artist...I wish to heck he'd not have to take heroin to do his thing. That kinda sucks that he's limited to doing something illegal. I hope he can find a way to improve on that.

The Cop. He's growing in powers. He was able to pull the cheerleader's name out of her dad's head even though Silar was trying to block him. But now we'll assume that he's wiped clean and will not remember a darned thing. SUCKS!

Cheerleader girl. !!WOOT!! Crashing that car into the wall because of mr. prick! She's murdered him! And the storyline is, save the girl, save NY. I bet Silar needs her powers to become immortal. If he gets her, he'll be unstoppable. I think he's stealing the powers of other Supers, when he takes their brain.

</font>

[ 10-17-2006, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]