Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-28-2004, 09:31 AM   #11
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Is it against the law or something?
Who knows these days... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2004, 09:40 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I saw this on SNL, and it was hilarious. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] MAN did I hate that every time I turned on MTV in September it was "The Ashlee Simpson Show" on with her shrieking out horrible notes practicing to make her CD. They pretty much tried to shove her down our throats on MTV with the constant re-runs of her hideous show daily, several times a day at some points, all to pimp her CD.

Then she rags on people who lip sync. Oh I think that is deplorable, I'd never do it myself, heee!.

Ha, got caught Lip Syncing on live television no less, heee, good, hilarious. Blaming her band because she sucks? Totally UnCool. Even if it was true that the drummer guy "pushed the wrong button", if it was a truly live performance, which it was supposed to be (Saturday Night LIVE), then there would have been no button to push, they'd just start playing and singing the song.

I'm just sick of rich, fake, untalented people flooding our airwaves, re TV or the radio. Heh, Pieces of Me? No... Pieces of Sh&& more like.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #13
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
And my mother continues to wonder why I like metal? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Some of the ugliest people ever! You have to trust that!
Old 10-29-2004, 05:03 AM   #14
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

'cmon guys, it's all lip synch on these shows and I don't think she's the one to blame. It's pretty sad to me when such a minor thing is made such a big deal of. Like, we're all friggin' perfect right!
And it sure sounds like the band is to blame 'cos the drummer started the wrong song.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:24 PM   #15
Beth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know this topic is old, but I really have to comment.

First of all, the band didn't even start playing until AFTER they realized the error and attempted to go on with the show. If you watch the video, you will see the band is doing nothing while a track starts playing and her voice is singing the pre-recorded song.

Secondly, the whole point of SNL is that it's LIVE. It's raw and unscripted. Yes, it's not expected that it will go perfect - that's the whole risk of doing a live show - mess ups will happen, however - Lip-syncing is HARDLY live. If she needs a voice aid because hers isn't strong enough, or she just needs to lip-sync completely, then she CERTAINLY shouldn't be doing shows as prestigious as SNL or any other show for that matter. A lot of TALENTED bands/singers would love to be on that show and get some recognition for their hard work - bands and singers who HAVEN'T ridden on the coat-tails of their bigger sister.

I'm in a band and I would have been HIGHLY offended if I were blamed for something like this - especially when it obviously wasn't my fault.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:00 PM   #16
Jorath Calar
Harper

I think all these live performances on tv shows like SNL the late night show, and Letterman are lipsynced, they usually appear there to pimp their new albums and so it is just played of the album. I've noticed that the few times I seen it it, and heard the song later that it is the same exact version... it's dumb but thats how corporate massmarketing of music works.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:31 PM   #17
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Lipsync or not her music sucks. I quit watching SNL 5 years ago because of all the Lipsyncing and it just lost it's class form the early days.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:15 PM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

lol absoloutly hilarious!

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-31-2004, 09:45 PM   #19
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

yeah, i always wanted someone to finally blow it on live TV so i can prove to people that pop singers who dance and sing at once are liars. i now have evidence, thanx TDC.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:28 AM   #20
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

That was the funniest thing on snl in like 10 years -kill your tv go outside.