Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 04:27 AM   #11
Qrt
Dungeon Master

'on top of the fridge'?

I know that one. Just sitting there staring wildly at the surroundings.

Still I have the nicest 'welcome'-ritual in the universe (even better than the Welcome Wagon here (sorry Cloudy)). When I return from work my 'Fandango' always sits in the window waiting for me. And when he sees me on my bike he emmediately starts calling and meeping. Then when I enter a lot of purring and rubbing against legs are needed. Then food for all and general enjoyment.

I love it.

------------------
Lotsa mail today sir (beta 1.0.1)
Old 07-13-2001, 09:49 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey everyone! Love the idea, Lioness, I've been singing the praises of cats for many years! I remember just before this board started up, we were back on the old one and Z was contemplating new forums I must have talked alot about cats because he laughed and told me "no cats forum"!

Qrt, my Merlin waits in the window for me! Every day when I get home from work, I see his sweet orange face there. He hops down and meets me at the door and demands a face rub on the stairs then we go and put things away and I do the cat feeding routine.

I have Merlin and Inga, a pair of 3 yr old orange tiger cats. He's got more personality than any cat I've ever known a has a knack for finding trouble. *sigh* He also has a fondness for latex dishwashing gloves! Inga is a shy thing with strangers but she's a real sweetheart and a great alarm clock.. hehehe.. she wants her petting and adoring at the time I get up for work and makes disgruntled little mews in my ear if I oversleep by even 5 minutes! Sometimes she starts BEFORE my radio comes on in the morning.

I also have Longfellow, a grey/black tabby boy who is about 11 yrs old. No way of knowing for sure as I inherited him from an elderly friend who died and she found him as a stray. He is a real cuddlebug, that one!

My housemate has two grey/black tabbies: Ulsysses -my buddy- he's a sweet cuddly old boy of 15 ( or 16..I'm sure I should know that!) and Squeak, a very friendly, stray she took in when the same lady who owned Longfellow couldn't manage to care for him but didn't want him to go to the pound. Truth is, my housemate (best friend) and I fell for the little guy and he was assured a place in the apt at that time after my friend spent a good deal of time and money getting him healed up after a fight of some sort. After the second such incident, he became an indoor-only kitty. He's a happy little feline these days!

Er, hello, my name is CloudKitten and I am a cataholic... hehehe

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-13-2001, 10:02 AM   #13
Absynthe

Another cat ownee checking in...
Hello catman, welcome to the board! Thanks for starting this thread Lioness, as I'm a total cat devotee. I think I'll list my friends from eldest to youngest, in the order that they found us... so without further ad, let me introduce the Nine Wonders of My World:

TC - The one who started it all, he first appeared about ten years ago as a miniscule orange blob crawling over the fence from the neighbors house. They had acquired him froma grocery store and he immediately decided to adopt us instead. He is now a retired tom who lives in my garage, as he is FIV+. He weighs in at a stately 19 pounds.

Widget - The Alpha cat, she is TC's baby from about seven years ago. Short round and lovable, she rules the house with an iron paw.Perfect grey/black tabby with tenny-tiny little paws.

Butch - Widget's brother, he is a large sweet 12 pound grey tabby who thinks he is still a 6 ounce kitten.

Gypsy - Found at a golf course about three years ago, she was in late-term pregnancy with a horrible chest wound. After three weeks of shuttling back and forth between clinics for round-the-clock care, we lost the litter but saved her and found her name. Very independent grey/white punk.

Incubus - A kitten from a several-generations inbred litter, she is the psychotic of our brood, with violent and unpredictable mood-swings. Hence the nickname of freakapuss. She's a long-haired tri-color who looks like she recently went for a ride in the dryer.

Casper - A tuxedo transplant from a house where she was turned outside for peeing too much, after being de-clawed, she is a portly sweet cuddler whose favorite position is lying on her back having her tummy rubbed.

Mugsy - A little grey and white long-haired cutie-pie, she looks like a japanese anime cat, but she thinks she is the fiercest jungle beast ever born.

Karma - My own special little darling, she was born on our back porch last May and abandoned at birth. I found her about two hours later, cold, wet, and still covered in afterbirth. After the longest six weeks of my life, in which she went literally everywhere with me, with hourly feedings and cleanings and worrying and loving, she is now a year old and absolutely devoted. She is the most loving little girl I've ever met, and always has a long story for me when I get home, along with extensive cuddling. her favorite thing is to put a paw on each side of my face and rub her nose on mine. Love those kitty kisses. She is a nearly perfect tuxedo with a black mustache and goatee.

Simba-roo - Found in a ditch last September, she was covered in fleas, had an upper respiratory infection, and one eye was horribly infected. After extensive treatment, she is now a happy member of our clan, with a purr roughly four times too big for her. Somewhere under that mud was a little brown tabby.

If I can find someone with a digital camera, I'll try to post some pictures of my kids...

Old 07-13-2001, 10:05 AM   #14
Waluin

As a guy, its often hard to find other males my age who like cats. Either thany despise cats with a passion, or are 'dog-people'

Now, to set the record straight first, I'm not a 'cat-person'. I'm an 'animal-person' who tends to like cats a alot

My cats are pretty awesome. I'm happy to have em both, as each brings a certain personality and joy to the house.

I can go on for paragraphs, but suffice it to say its good to see other cat lovers here.

Most of you have seen these before, but what the heck.

Mister Boo

Boo is a 9 year old black Maine Coon mix that we got from my grandfather's friend. He's quiet, loyal, and tend to follow either my mother or myself around the house. However, when the mood strikes him he likes to talk to us in very short-bursted meows. He also loves to be held, especially in a perch-like fashion: something only my dad does well enough.

Morrie

Morrie is going on 1 year old this coming July 22nd. Just as much of a mutt as Boo is, Morrie is an american shorthair tabby/Siamese mix. He's energetic, highly vocal, and gets away with murder with his baby face. He drives Boo crazy, but they get along well enough. Morrie just loves to eat, so we have to curb his diet a little since he's getting quite a tummy.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-13-2001).]
Old 07-13-2001, 10:14 AM   #15
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I too am a cat lover

Have two cats that could not be more opposite

Loki: We got from the Humane Society. She is absolutely, positively NOT a lap cat She is 7 years old and has only in the last 7 months allowed me to pet her! She is very mischevious and has to explore every new thing that comes into my apartment and her absolute favorite is an empty box. She will sit in an empty box for hours and hours

Mrs. Kitten: We found outdoors on a cold October night. She is a lap cat to the bone. If you even look like you are going to sit down she is there waiting. She also loves to lick hair She will sit on the back of the couch and give me a 'bath' while I watch TV. Where Loki weighs in at a sprite 8 lbs, Mrs. Kitten is a hefty 14.5 lbs!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-13-2001, 10:24 AM   #16
Waluin

Heh, dont even get me started about open boxes! Boo loves 'em with a passion unparalleled

My old calico cat 'Muffin' used to lick hair, heh. I always got a kick out of that.
Old 07-13-2001, 11:23 AM   #17
Moni

Did someone say open boxes?!
Man, our satellite installers thought we were nuts because we had a great big box in our TV room with windows, doors and flaps cut into it. I think it was the box our dishwasher came in.
For as long as it lasted (about a month) it was the best kitty fort our cats have owned yet and they got all the fun they could have out of it before it collapsed from their abuse of it.

I had an old female tabby in AZ named Key that liked to sit in my lap, take a strand of my long hair, hold it in her paws and lick it. She found a rabbit fur I had once, took it and licked a bare spot into it. I had to hide it for fear of her getting hairballs.
The only licker we have now is Bubba, who will lick your hand in reciprocation for petting him.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-13-2001, 01:30 PM   #18
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Thanx lioness for putting a quote of mine.

Muffy was a black on the top, white on the bottom cat.
She would claw at my door to want in. I would play with her and says shes "showcat" or what ever i chose her to be. She died when i was 6, and that hurt the heart. I then wanted a dog, and we went to a dog show. It seemed that a golden retriever breeder had a dog with a missing tooth that needed a home.
A few weeks later we went to look at Bunny. She was as beautiful as she is today (minus the aged 7th year grey) and i love her a lot I betcha the gf i get will be pleased because i would love her as much I do bunny and Hazel, and thats ALOT!!!!

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 07-13-2001, 02:44 PM   #19
Bonnie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nice to see so many friends of the feline race here!

I own 7 cats, or should I say, they own me.

Ebony The Little Evil One (yes she answers to that) is a racist black cat who hates her own species, blonde people and the colour white. I got her at 3 weeks old, 7 years ago and raised her myself. Her original owner thought that as soon as kittens opened their eyes, they could start eating cat food and be taken away from their mom. This is wrong of course. Ebony's siblings all died.
http://www.geocities.com/boonie_kitty/EvilOne.jpg - A picture of Pure Evil.

Trixie is a stray who wandered into my house one day and forgot to leave. She is a tabby cat with white patches. She is not very friendly and hates to be picked up. She came to us at about 2 months old and is now 5 years old.

Smokey is the son of Trixie, he is 2 years old and is exactly like her except his tabby markings are all shades of grey.

Roly, Rocky and Riley were born this time last year, Roly is a black cat who gets mistaken for Ebony, because of this, he is a loner. Rocky is a balck and white cat and is the sort of leader of the trio and Riley, a pure tabby, follows Rocky everywhere. They are all Trixie's babies.
You can see a picture of Roly here, he was the only one not scared of my webcam.
http://www.geocities.com/boonie_kitty/Roly.jpg

Our latest addition, Pudding, is the only daughter of Trixie. She is the exact image of Riley, but her older brothers all hate her, even Trixie hates her for some strange reason. Despite this, Pudding is a very affectionate cat and at the time of writing this post, she is perched on my shoulder, purring into my ear.

Old 07-13-2001, 08:34 PM   #20
Moni

AND Pudding is my avatar over at Mithril hall!
What a cutie!

Moni

------------------