Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-31-2001, 12:29 AM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

As I am (finally) nearing the end of BGI, I have questions about importing my character. He's a pretty fair fighter (18/98; 18; 18; 11; 12; 10) and I think I'd like to dual him as a thief. If I do, will the thief kits be available to me or will I have to choose a fighter kit and settle for a "straight" thief? I know from the manual that you may only have one kit per character but can't figure out if I'd have a "default" kit with an import.

This has probably been asked much earlier and I apologize. Too tired (lazy?) tonight to wade through posts.

PS: Hope my update to my "Rikard Pox" thread proves I am no antimagite, just a poor excuse for a mage... no offense to anyone, okay???
Old 01-31-2001, 12:34 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You can choose a fighter kit and settle for a "straight" thief. There is no such thing as a default kit, you get to choose from berserker, wizard slayer, kensai, and of course, fighter.

Also to import the character, just use windows explorer, copy the character's file (ie .chr file) from BGI's character folder to BGII's character folder before starting a new game. Enjoy!
Old 01-31-2001, 08:23 AM   #3
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Thanks for the info. BTW, I actually figured out the import stuff on my own . Mayhaps there is hope for me yet! LOL

I probably phrased my question poorly but your answer seems to settle it, Accord. I couldn't figure out (but suspected) that if I started with an imported fighter, I would have to choose a fighter kit which means no thief kit. Drat, I was hoping to combine one of the cool thief kits with this butt-kicking fighter.