Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2000, 06:56 PM   #1
ReDLoTuS

I just got Baldur's Gate II for Christmas and when I tried to install it it screwed up so I ctrl + alt + deleted it. Apparently the 3rd disk was badly scratched. A lot of the stuff got installed but the "uninstall" feature didn't get installed. We took it back and got a new copy of BGII. Here's the problem, I couldn't uninstall what had already been installed so I just deleted the folder I installed BGII in. But now when I put the first disk of the new copy in the thing pops up but gives no option to install it. It's like my computer still thinks BGII is in there even though it isn't. Now I can't install it! Help me! Tell me what's wrong and what I have to do please! Thanks.

Old 12-27-2000, 08:18 PM   #2
Hauver

this is just a suggestion. there's no gaurantee it's safe but i strongly it is. use REGEDIT provided in the windows directory. This program can edit the registry(which is very dangerous if not done right). save a copy of the old registry first. Then check under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software. You'll see the Bioware Corp entries. just delete all of them. hope it helps!

Old 12-27-2000, 08:24 PM   #3
IceFire

Double click on "My Computer"(assuming you have Windows 95/9. Find Control Panels and click on that. Go to Add/Remove programs and click on that. Look at list and see if BG2 is still on your computer. If it is then "remove" it.

Insert your BG2 Disc 1 and get back to ADD/Remove programs and "add" BG2. This should do it. If it doesn't you will have to have someone other than me help you because that is about the extent of what I know about computers. Hope it works!