Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-26-2004, 11:02 PM   #1
Kagato
Welcomed New User

i don't know whether it's an issue with my resolution or not, but for some reason, i have the hardest time targeting creatures and items with the cursor. When i put the target over them, it doesn't recognize that it is over them, except for in a very small area, which is often hard to click on especially when the moster is mobile....

if anyone has any ideas whatsoever, please let me know
Kagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Kagato! May your steel stay sharp and your spells cast true throughout the Gael Serran.

Yep, that's really frustrating... happens to me all the time. Ya know, if I knew fish were going to be that hard to kill in the water, I'd have blown them up...

Unfortunately, there's no good alternative (besides perhaps dropping your resolution down). I have occasionally had better luck when I rotated around slightly... and when I get a good attack spot, I keep swinging until the critter is dead, dead, dead...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:03 AM   #3
aleph_null

I've had the same problem when running the game on WinXP or 2000. Switching to Direct3D (if running in software mode) helps marginally...

Oh, and keep the game in turn-based mode always or you'll never get a shot off [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-27-2004, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: aleph_null ]
Old 06-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Kagato. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Nice to have you with us.

It definitely sounds to me like a screen resolution problem. I also had those problems until I changed mine.