Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-23-2003, 07:56 AM   #1
daan
Silver Dragon

Ok, so it's going to be a kensai/cleric now [img]smile.gif[/img]
Too bad I cant wear armor, but the DoE + AoF + Hardiness will deal with that...
because I think I'll be taking Jim's high-lvl dual approach.

Thinking it through a bit, lvl 13 ( consensus ) allows for none of the clerics abilities to be lost. You'll still be a full cleric in capability.

I want Hardiness ( and to a lesser extent WW/GWW ) though, so I was thinking:
lvl -23-

why ?

Because if I dual my kensai at lvl 23, I'll get 4 warriorpool HLAs and still reach lvl 26 as a cleric. I do this because at lvl 26 I'll receive the holy symbol, granting me another free lvl 6 and lvl 7 spell.

This would mean I'd have 4 lvl 7 spells, which accomodates for a (fallen) deva, globe of blades, aura of flaming death and Regeneration. A nice general set of spells for most situations.

SO ...
Thoughts ? Comments ? Suggestions ?
Do you have a better idea for spell selection or level to dual-class ?

Any input is appreciated
Old 02-23-2003, 09:53 AM   #2
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

IMHO, Greater Restoration is the by far best clerical lvl 7 spell. It has a very short casting time and works in a huge radius (I've had it affect party members on the other side of the map). What it does is completely heal the entire party and remove every single negative modifier that Dispel Magic cannot remove, at the cost of fatigue on the caster. Excellent way to gain the upper hand in a losing battle I think, though usually I just use it before resting.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:36 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

Completely heal the entire party ?
Wow [img]smile.gif[/img] But the description says it only affects one party-member: the one you cast it on ...

Are you sure ?
Old 02-23-2003, 11:02 AM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, it changed into an AoE spell with ToB, or at least that's what the Spell Reference says [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #5
daan
Silver Dragon

cooooool
Old 02-23-2003, 02:26 PM   #6
Alson
Galvatron

TIP: Always have Hindo's Doom +4 at hand.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:00 PM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
TIP: Always have Hindo's Doom +4 at hand.
Yes, that would work...

For the remaining 5% of BG2:ToB that is
Old 02-24-2003, 12:27 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Why would daan keep Hindo's Doom around? All his Kensai->Cleric can do with it is polish it and keep it pretty. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 04:26 AM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

Because I like pretty things that shine ?
I am neutral evil after all ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 10:22 AM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Why would daan keep Hindo's Doom around? All his Kensai->Cleric can do with it is polish it and keep it pretty. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
It was a general advice... Note Hindo's innate Greater Restoration.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote