Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Thumbs Down Star Wars: The holiday special

I have been watching this on youtube. So far I watched about 20 minutes and will finish it but it is bad. It is so bad that it is almost unwatchable. Why would they waste 5 minutes just preparing bantha soup. Its shining highlight so far has been a cartoon with Boba Fett that was decent. Hopefully it gets a little better because it can't get any worse.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Star Wars: The holiday special

Was this a commercial show, or just a Youtube presentation? I'm surprised my Star Wars nut of a son hasn't found it yet, but there could be a reason...

Sounds like I should do my best to avoid it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
pritchke

Was quite horrible! This was a commercial show although I thing it only aired once or twice in various locations around the world. I had a friend when I was younger (20 or more years ago) tell me he watched a movie and it had wookies, he was about five when he watched it so I think this may have been it. He claimed there were other movies back than besides the original IV,V,VI. I think this may have been what he was talking about.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

The franchise like to forget that this one ever even existed. They know how bad it was. It's gained pretty cult status because of it, actually. And very hard to get a hold of because the stopped production nigh on instantly.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Star Wars: The holiday special

You know; when I was a kid I could have sworn a Saw a Star Wars movie on tv I'm pretty sure wasn't the Holiday special. I don't remember much about it, but I know in it there were white Stormtroopers who were the good guys, and then when the empire got created they became the bad guy. I think I also remember a part where the heroes smuggle themselves in a ship's cargo to escape something.

I've looked on the net, but I can't find any traces of this movie.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
pritchke

Well there was a Star Trek special that involved the Enterprises Crew discovering a planet of Elves controlled by a fasist Santa. In the eposide Snata attacks the Enterprise in his sleigh. Captain Kirk defeats Santa who is a machine controlled by a computer that it is logically impossible for him to deliver all the presents to all the boys and girls and the computer has a meltdown which frees all the elves. I am not making this crap up. It would most likely have been the worst ever if it ever aired. Fortunatly Gene watched it first and destroyed the only copy.