Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Planescape: Torment

If you're interested there appears to be a Planescape: Torment/ Soulbringer Combo pack for sale used on Amazon at about $28 US. Not sure about regions or anything like that though. I think that's about half what you're saying Planescape by itself is running. that's actually how I got my copy of Planescape, though it was at Wal-mart not Amazon, and at the time the combo was running like $5. Soulbringer is actually a pretty decent game as well. At first I thought they were packaged together just because they couldn't move one of them without sticking it with a good game.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 07-15-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
dplax
Jack Burton

That would be great if the European Amazons had it (checked with .co.uk, .de and .fr and they don't). Having it sent to someone in the US (according to Amazon marketplace shipping rates, they don't ship video games internationally) and then shipping it over to Europe would bring the price pretty close to what it would be on eBay...and I'm still not sure about buying used copies on Amazon, so far I've never done it (which of course doesn't mean that it is bad, I'm just cautious).

Last edited by dplax; 07-15-2008 at 05:45 PM.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #13
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Planescape Torment has been re-released by Interplay, along with all the other great Interplay cRPGs, like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, etc. They are all available on Amazon (UK at least) for under $20 - a steal in my eyes, and to pirate a classic like any of the above titles is a crime worthy of a firing squad, as far as I am concerned!
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
Gavindale
The Magister

I did some digging and found a copy of Planescape Torment, but how it is listed it says that the game was made for/runs on Windows 98. I have Windows XP, is there a way to get this to run on my computer in an enjoyable way?
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Gavindale, it runs fine on my XP pc, but there are tons of mods out there for widescreen and unofficial patches, etc. So check those out via google and they should set you straight!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
Gavindale
The Magister

Hey, thanks for the info, I will go buy it them. Thanks again, have a good one!
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #17
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Gavindale, to save you some time and have some things to look at before/after you buy it, here's a link from my Firefox Favourites:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Torment/index_mods.php
Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
Shadow Stranger

There is Compatibility Mode for older applications. Go into Windows Explorer, find the program concerned and right click on it. Choose Properties, there should be a compatibility tab.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote