Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 03:56 AM   #121
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
You must look death in the eyes and say. You may take our lives but you will never take our freedom!

*sigh* not more braveheart again caleb, you really need to see a professional about that

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 05:15 AM   #122
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ITS YOUR FAULT!!!

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 05:45 PM   #123
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Man im tired, quite late here and i have to stand up early in the morning Nice thread here, i read some of the replies, some of them very impressive, but simply too tired to read all Ill do it tomorrow! Well, here is my opinion:
Religion: Every religion has some good and interesting things; believing only in one, would not be really positive for more reasons, which im too tired to explain now I personally have my "own" religion, lets say my individual belief, which includes some points from the general religions.
God: Our universe is very big. And there are millions of things we dont understand, and im sure we will never be able to understand some of them even in future. There are questions like: What was there, before our universe has been created, and why can there be something created, where before it was nothing? What is behind our universe? There is a nice sentence, which i heard from a chemistry teacher: Its impossible to understand anything, which is not in your living system. So we as human beings are not able even to imagine what force and what things are behind this universe. Im sure, there is a invisible Force, a superiour intelligence out there. It could be everywhere too, even between us, but we cant feel it and we are not able to notice it, like many things in the nature. This is GOD.
Life after Death: I could think and discuss for endless time about this thing, yeah its hard to imagine for us, that life will take an end, someday. Let us see the facts: We have a body, this body is like a machine; our cpu is the brain, feelings, emotions are created in our brain. Scientists tried to search for a specific part in our brain, which is responsible for our consciousness, but they didnt find anything. There was also a research for people, who were near death, many of them saw pictures from their past or a light at the end of a tunnel and many of them felt very happy at this time. I dont want to explain all the boring things, but there are enough answers for this phenomenon, that show, this is nothing special. Our brain works like an orchestra, every part of it is necessary in order to create our emotions, intelligence, consciousness and so on. When we die, we are dead. Our brain is dead... Many of us cant accept this, and its easy to understand why... I dont really know a specific answer on the life after death question, but does anyone of us really know one? Well, there is an interesting point of view: we all are made of millions of little atoms. Everything is made of little atoms, and more smaller elements. They are everywhere in our universe. They were here, before mankind was born, and they will be here, after its death. "Parts" of us could have been a flower before for example. So you can say, that a part of us will never die There could be also other forms of life after our death, for example other dimensions and so on. Like i said before, some things we will never find out. I still search for a better answer to this question, but i will never find a final one till im dead.

Now i go to bed, before i can tell more stupid things. Sorry for my tired english

------------------
Night is not always that, what it looks like...

[This message has been edited by MidNightForce (edited 05-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MidNightForce (edited 05-24-2001).]
MidNightForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 07:22 PM   #124
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm donīt know if this will stray or not..
Maybe turn out as rumblings again..

This thread had lead me to think more of something else. Of people that are to caught up in death and belief of a life waiting and how to act in some terms that they forget how to live. Sometimes it feels like our society is building up a quasi life. An existence rather then life, build upon our relation to work family and how everyone think it is supposed to be. We stop feeling for ourselves and try to fill the "norm" of life. That is not living IMHO. Some people find life in the small things of life, being truly happy and thoose are really blessed..
It is like they have found something about life and well it is so simple when you know what it is, but it is also easy to loose again.

I thought about how we always seem to shrink in the fact of our own mortality and Iīm wondering if it has something to do that we are afraid that we didnīlive that well as we had wished to do, or we are afraid because we know we arenīt doing what we would want to do.

I donīt know what you think of it, but please give your thoughts about it..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf..
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 08:59 PM   #125
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Hmm donīt know if this will stray or not..
Maybe turn out as rumblings again..

This thread had lead me to think more of something else. Of people that are to caught up in death and belief of a life waiting and how to act in some terms that they forget how to live. Sometimes it feels like our society is building up a quasi life. An existence rather then life, build upon our relation to work family and how everyone think it is supposed to be. We stop feeling for ourselves and try to fill the "norm" of life. That is not living IMHO. Some people find life in the small things of life, being truly happy and thoose are really blessed..
It is like they have found something about life and well it is so simple when you know what it is, but it is also easy to loose again.

I thought about how we always seem to shrink in the fact of our own mortality and Iīm wondering if it has something to do that we are afraid that we didnīlive that well as we had wished to do, or we are afraid because we know we arenīt doing what we would want to do.

I donīt know what you think of it, but please give your thoughts about it..

I think what you are saying that some people are cautious and afraid to really live for fear of making mistakes - and going against a belief system - or society... (is this right?) If this is the gist of what you said... I agree. There are those stuck in the mundane trappings of existence and will not go into themselves to find their spirituality. We are composite beings - spirit and physical... for we are not humans having a spiritual experience, but spirits having a human experience.

For those who have had an Out Of Body Experience... you know.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
The secret is knowing the rules so you can bend/break them selectively!!!
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Musketeer of Fast Fourward
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Charean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 09:23 PM   #126
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

This has been a very interesting thread. Very interesting. Thank you for airing your points of view! I am grateful to you all.

Most of my life I have believed differently than everyone I knew. I learned early on not to discuss my spiritual perspective. Most of the people I know believe as Yorick does, and argue as eloquently. So, for me, the thought was "Why even go there?" I will not convince them, nor will they convince me. And usually they were hell-bent on convincing me of how wrong I am. This was with Christians as well as Moslems.

What excites me about this thread is to find there are many people who believe as I do -- Sazerac, Wolfie, Charean, Cyberpixie and several others. For someone who felt alone in her beliefs, this means very much. I'm glad this thread was begun! Thank you!

Cyberpixie and Melusine.. my heart and sympathy go out to you. Words can not help you with your loss, but perhaps knowing that someone (even a stranger) cares will.

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
bilqis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 10:28 AM   #127
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:

For those who have had an Out Of Body Experience... you know.

Um, actually, Charean, I have (during an operation) - but I am definitely NOT convinced regarding humans having 'spiritual' bits that live on after the death of 'the body'.

I've also had that one (don't know what it is called) where you are suddenly of vast size and seem to see everything, to encompass everything, to understand everything (no drugs, I promise you!), on a number of occasions. But I don't think that is the manifestation of a soul, just a chemical reaction in the brain. Sorry.

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 11:24 PM   #128
Charean
Hathor

Well, F, it appears to me as if you already know the answers... but are shut down to them. When you have the evidence slamming you in the face and refuse to see it - well... I don't know what to tell you.

I know I have had amazing experiences.. but I am Shamanistic. There comes a time when you have to understand Faith... and Believe. My job is not to recruit you or even convince you of my point of view.. for it is not for you anyway. But I do hope that when miracles happen in your life, you will recognize them for what they are.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
The secret is knowing the rules so you can bend/break them selectively!!!
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Musketeer of Fast Fourward
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Charean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 06:59 AM   #129
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:

I've also had that one (don't know what it is called) where you are suddenly of vast size and seem to see everything, to encompass everything, to understand everything (no drugs, I promise you!), on a number of occasions. But I don't think that is the manifestation of a soul, just a chemical reaction in the brain. Sorry.
I've had that too - when I'm really really tired.

Charean, we all have opinions, yours no greater or lesser value or provability than anothers. I could say exactly the same sentence you said to Fjlotsdale to you.

Did you ever read the responses to your last message to me BTW. I am hesitant to discuss with you for fear you will see me as "lambasting" your argument until it is dead.

No hard fellings on my part, just wondering if you read my response.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 07:06 AM   #130
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

If you dont believe the storys from people who have near death experiences and have seen the light and stuff you should listen to the atheist that were mean bitter people that were flatlining and during that time there was a big black hole instead of light or got a warning from someone they knew that died to turn back and make changes in their life and showed them some of hell. MAAAAAAAAAN that is spooky.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote