Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-30-2002, 08:59 PM   #51
Helspanth
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Isn't Hellas supposed to be Greece ?
Of course it is.I said I live in Italy.Not that I am Italian.
I'll be back home within a month so...
Anyway as for the Germany question I think that in the World Cup of '90 they had plenty of talent.Klinsmann,Matthaus,Hassler,Vooler,Brehme were not players to be underestimated.
The same thing goes for the World Cup of '74.Then they had the Kaizer and Rumenige.
While Ballack is a very good player I don't think thathe will be able to make the difference.That's is just my thought though.And I hope I'm wrong about this!
Old 05-30-2002, 09:15 PM   #52
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
quote:
Anyway as for the Germany question I think that in the World Cup of '90 they had plenty of talent.Klinsmann,Matthaus,Hassler,Vooler,Brehme were not players to be underestimated.
The same thing goes for the World Cup of '74.Then they had the Kaizer and Rumenige.
While Ballack is a very good player I don't think thathe will be able to make the difference.That's is just my thought though.And I hope I'm wrong about this!
[/QUOTE]better check your homework helspanth, rummenige wasn't there in 74, you probably mean muller. And compared with the dutch they looked like a couple of boyscouts, but they won it anyway. Like i said, through hard work and a little luck... hmm, maybe a lot of it.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:18 PM   #53
Helspanth
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
quote:
[/QUOTE]better check your homework helspanth, rummenige wasn't there in 74, you probably mean muller. And compared with the dutch they looked like a couple of boyscouts, but they won it anyway. Like i said, through hard work and a little luck... hmm, maybe a lot of it.
[/QUOTE]Ooooops!You're right I meant Muller!
Remember however that that edition was held in Germany.
THAT was a huge advantage.In fact for the next World Cup which is held in Germany I will bet on Germany no matter who they bring to play!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:18 AM   #54
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Not only is this a bump but I also wanna know what's happnin (Has it even started yet?), over here in NZ the Football isn't on free to air television so will have to rely on posted scores and stuff (short of watching the news)

Also, if anyone has a link to a cool website that will keep me up to date with what's happnin, I'd be much obliged
Old 05-31-2002, 05:44 AM   #55
Davros
Takhisis Follower

First game starts in a little under 2 hours - all matches live over here in Perth - same time zone . The coverage has already started, and the panel are already deep into discussing the various team's chances. I can hear in the background that they are wondering why Spain always promise so much and yet usually fall short of expectations.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:14 AM   #56
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

It's a big one to start off; France vs err... Senegal - I think I might just go back to bed and nurse my hangover, I can only see one result
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-31-2002, 07:24 AM   #57
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Don't be mean Avatar. For a Femme in the land of American football, she knows a lot about Football...
Agreed. I'm impressed.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-31-2002, 08:03 AM   #58
Helspanth
Quintesson

[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

SENEGAL LEAD 1-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 08:07 AM   #59
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

LOLOLOL Senegal just scored, looks like its going to be more of a match than we expected.

Anyone else think the free kick in the first minute was a bit suspect?
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 05-31-2002, 08:33 AM   #60
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Not only is this a bump but I also wanna know what's happnin (Has it even started yet?), over here in NZ the Football isn't on free to air television so will have to rely on posted scores and stuff (short of watching the news)

Also, if anyone has a link to a cool website that will keep me up to date with what's happnin, I'd be much obliged
try
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en