Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-18-2001, 10:54 PM   #31
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I am a carpenter now, but I was a Navy brat for years. I was born in Jacsonville, Fla., but got stuck in Kansas by marriage, not mine. Stuck is the right word too, KS is like a big mud hole, you come for a visit and end up stuck here. I post periodically, and Yorick once thought of nominating me for most finishes, as I spend more time in Amn than anywhere else. Oh, I may have responded sooner, but I was answering your email. I typed a little thank you at the end, and sent it back, but once again, thanks.(Bows deeply, covering rather large bald spot while sweeping large floppy billed hat) I was carefully not noticing the ages that were flying around once again, and once again will respond that I am rapidly approaching 38, and not liking it. But, what can I say? I still haven't perfected the reverse aging song.
I am a Bard, and I perform at local Renaisance Fairs in the Kansas area, and I love it. I have a small Fan Club in Hutchinson, KS, and it is to some of them that I owe the start of my new career. 3 years now. I am, unfortuanately, not as well travelled as Yorick, but I'm dreaming. Look, I made a speech!!!!

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH
Old 03-18-2001, 10:55 PM   #32
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

What's Laughing Hyenas? I mean, other than nasty little canine-like critters who are all the time laughing???

------------------
Old 03-18-2001, 10:58 PM   #33
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It's the newest, and coolest clan on the board. We'll even have our very own secret handshake before long, I can't wait to see that. It's like a bard sub-culture or something. Go to the BG2 Board for more details, it was posted by Yorick, and at last glance, it was 3 pages long.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH
Old 03-18-2001, 10:59 PM   #34
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Charean, we've met before but hiya again. Statesider here, Long Beach, CA.
Glad to have you aboard.
Old 03-18-2001, 11:03 PM   #35
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Jeesh! All these secret clans are so secret nobody knows about 'em. Hrumph! Guess I gotta get my rear-side out of general discussions and over to the BGII forum more often!

------------------
Old 03-18-2001, 11:13 PM   #36
Charean
Hathor

Thank you, Relic... I have seen you around a bit! I miss CA....

Robbie Bard - I am only a year behind you in age and do the Renny thing myself - for fun, not profit. Been to PenRen and Md Ren and Va had a faire for a couple years. I usually hang out with the psychics - ::::way out on a limb here:::: cause I be one.... but I love the atmosphere at faire.

I feel for you if you feel stuck. I have felt stuck in the DC area - everytime I move away, I come back.... But now I like it... I just miss the mountains once in a while. At least CO isn't too far!!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Laughter can be a Mighty Weapon - when wielded with pizazz and accuracy! What Ho!!
Old 03-19-2001, 12:54 AM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

now robert the bards in... ah.. i know who were missing... Idiot rouge! geez, can we cut down the I word... it aint him!

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 03-19-2001, 10:56 AM   #38
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi, I'm in the States--the deep south. Good to have you on the board!

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-19-2001, 11:02 AM   #39
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Hi, I'm in the States--the deep south. Good to have you on the board!

Hey Reeka! How's it going today? You at work or home?

------------------
-Resident Corset Loosener of the OHF
Old 03-19-2001, 12:45 PM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello again Charean! I said howdy in the new Clan thread of Yoricks, but hello and how do you do, again!

Air Force brat here, moved almost every year (twice in several of them) from birth to age 10 and then again for the college years. Guess the wanderlust is still here, but I've sublimated it with the MUST HAVE HOME BASE syndrome. I'm in upstate NY so I count as a 'State-sider' I reckon. I work as a jack of all trades with the title Secretary (Russian Speaking) at the flagship school of the public university system in NY. Did my MA there and just never left! For major travel, I've spent two semesters in Russia back when it was still the USSR. Amazing place, fascinating people and history and lots of stories that would probably clog the board and add "mega" to my SpamQueen title...snicker.

I do have to say, that I LOVE the international atmosphere on the board. Wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I have to keep an eye on Memny or he gets into all kinds of trouble. hehehe I'm not posting nearly as much as usual, these days. Work is actually requiring my full attention, humph! And I spend a lot of my afterwork time playing BG2 in a multiplay game with a few people from the board. Good to meet you, Charean.

Great place, Ironworks! All Hail ZIROC! and CHOC!

Bahamut! Hey, I keep missing you, buddy! Is everything ok with you now?

Cloudbringer of the Mucho Many Names

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight