Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 04:50 AM   #11
Istaron
Banned User

I, the only one it seems, go with a pure, singled-classed mage. To be a spec sux, there will always be something from every school you want to use.
I would sugest you to chose a gnome and have 19 int (and as high wis as possible for lore) or import a BG1 mage whom have read the tome of int. 19 is a must for mage I think.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 07-12-2001, 10:46 PM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen Angel:
Sorcerers all the way baby. You dont have to wander around looking for scrolls and unlike what other people have said you can have more than 6 casting per level all you have to do is remove the xp cap. They make great spell casters and even after thexp cap is lifted there are items such as the reing of acuity that add extra spell castings to the levels (ring of wizardry also does this)

Since sorcerers have a lower selection to choose from, you have to be much more strategic in choosing spells. Usually, adding a mage to the party (and having the sorcerer for additional spells) is the best strategy. I highly recommend against using a sorcerer until you have played a while in the game, preferably all the way through. One bad spell choice and you are stuck with it throughout the rest of the game.

The most effective sorcerer I've seen is what I like to call the "wizard killer." For this character, learn all of the anti-defense spells in the game (Breach, Secret Word, Pierce Magic, etc.). Round these spells out with direct damage spells like Magic Missile, Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Melf's Minute Metoers, etc. and Summon Nishruu and Hakeashar, and you'll be all set. Use the regular mage in your party to do regular monster summoning duties and typical mage spells; let the sorcerer handle knocking down defenses of the tough guys. His direct damage spells can also be used outside of the tough fights to back up the mage of the party. Later in the game, more and more opponents have spell defenses. This guy specializes in knocking them down.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...