Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 04:11 PM   #1
8Ball
Dungeon Master

I've been playing BG for a while now and I've always started my own party (complete original characters) and just can't get into it.

I'd like to hear your suggestions on what kind of party to create (characters, alignments, etc)

Either just random characters that would work well together or ideas such as Dundee Slaytern's Robin Hood party (which I think is pretty cool....I just may thief your idea )

But please leave some suggestions here guys. I'd appreciate it greatly.
Old 06-17-2001, 04:15 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Make all chars good, then you can have the 20 rep and get discounts on the stuff that you buy.

Have one sorcerer and one cleric.

Have two tanks, one pure fighter(possibly dual to other class later.) and the other a ranger, or a multiclassed fighter.

For your lockpicking and other thief skills make a multiclassed fighter/thief.

Make the last one make a mage/cleric.

That's just what I would see as a mighty party.
Old 06-17-2001, 04:33 PM   #3
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm...
Suggestions:
Barbarian
Fighter or Paladin (not sure which will be better in ToB)
Monk or Fighter
Fighter dual classed to a mage
Cleric
Thief (or Assassin)

------------------
Blah blah blah... RaBid Fruit Trees! Bow down! Blah blah blah...

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-17-2001, 04:46 PM   #4
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

How about a archer party?

3 archers/rangers. one Grandmaster in shortbow, one grandmaster in longbow, one grandmaster in crossbow. all can dual weapons with simple melee weapons

A fighter/thief grandmaster in crossbow.
A fighter/druid grandmaster in sling
A fighter/mage grandmaster in axes (can throw returning axes)

There you go! A archer party. go shoot them up.
Old 06-17-2001, 05:15 PM   #5
trux

you should try a variety of alignments and characters. if you're creating all six yourself than i guess it doesn't really matter what alignment they are, but if you're accepting npc's then you should allow all different alignments to join. it's more interesting and there's great interaction.
as far as a party type, i sometimes do a dragonlance party (raistlin, laurana, tika, caramon, goldmoon, flint or sturm, etc.) or replicate parties i've played in pnp. they're usually pretty fun. in fact, i think at some point i'm gonna play a raistlin through ToB--allow him to become the god he was meant to be.

------------------
--
trux
Old 06-17-2001, 05:18 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

why doncha try it at least once with you being the only char you create? and pick up npcs from the game for the rest of your party?
i have 2 unfinished games that are all my own created chars. i found them b-o-r-i-n-g!
it's a totally different game that way. i have played bg all the way thru 5 times and bg2 4 times with game chars.

V***V

Old 06-17-2001, 06:33 PM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

Here is rather crazy idea: how about The_Three_Musketeers_party?
Portos can be barbarian, Atos -.. hmm... any paladin kit? (I think he should be LG), Aramis - cleric, and the "main musketeer" - any of thief's kit, or ranger.
Then Milady can be an evil mage, and I haven't any idea about the sixth person right now...

P.S. I forgot to add that in my opinion the game without real NPCs is rather boring. That's why I'll never try out TheThree Musketeers or Robin Hood parties. But of course all of us have different tastes

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-17-2001, 06:51 PM   #8
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

ya...I've always found if you make a party around a theme of some sort you'll really get into it. The party i'm workin on right now is based around the Four Horseman and i've burned right through the game so far.
Old 06-17-2001, 07:55 PM   #9
Shadow
Manshoon

I think the best is

1 ARCHER

5 ASSASSINS

Have all assassins hide, find enemy, poison all weapons.

Let the assassins take turns backstabbing and adding poison.

Have the archer to kill enemies that survive these encounters.

What do you think?

------------------
The Black Killer
Old 06-17-2001, 07:58 PM   #10
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I think that the Archer Party was a better idea, what do they do if some monster casts "True Sight"? And they don't have the hits to survive any pounding or heavy spells?