Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-24-2001, 05:20 PM   #21
DeTRiTiC-iQ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I prefer Aerie to Nalia, she has a good range of spells, Imoen has all the thieving abilities i need, and since I gave Aerie one of the girdle's of frost giant strength (there are two in the game i believe..) she became pretty lethal with her quarterstaff. Afterall she was the one who finished off Kangaxx.
Old 05-24-2001, 06:00 PM   #22
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

What the hell!??!

Get your head out of your ass man!

of course he sucks stat wise,but who cares? So we can deal with that,,,,just dont give him anything to hold

He is funny as hell,great mage,great theif,funny as hell, intrestign quest,funny as hell,great mage,did i mention he is funny as hell?

You are entitle to your opinion, but keep in mind different ppl have different preferences. Not everyone weights the "comic relieve" as first priority in their games. Some ppl prefer the actual physical contribution to a party while some prefer the mental. As for the great mage and interesting quest....well, you and I had that discussion already now, don't we?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 07:04 PM   #23
Neb
Account deleted by Request

You're supposed to play games to have fun, having fun is more important than winning.
Old 05-24-2001, 08:14 PM   #24
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
You're supposed to play games to have fun, having fun is more important than winning.
How do you know that winning is not fun? For some ppl, winning is a way of fun, maybe it is not for you. Once again, this is a personal preference. For me, I look for practicalness an NPC has to offer my party (situation dependent, of course).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 08:16 PM   #25
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Of course winning is fun, but having fun while playing is important too, otherwise you will only think it fun to play at one time during the game: When you win. With my party I had tons of fun, with Jan's funny stories, and Minsc's insane ramblings , lol, that was SO funny, and of course also the occasional remark from Edwin that was as much funny to me as it was insulting to the rest of the party.
Old 05-24-2001, 08:48 PM   #26
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Of course winning is fun, but having fun while playing is important too, otherwise you will only think it fun to play at one time during the game: When you win. With my party I had tons of fun, with Jan's funny stories, and Minsc's insane ramblings , lol, that was SO funny, and of course also the occasional remark from Edwin that was as much funny to me as it was insulting to the rest of the party.
I agree about the fun part, the process of winning is suppose to be fun too, but my ultimate goal/satisfaction comes from beating down my opponent (e.g. for a racing game, getting 2nd is just a nicer way to say you are the first of the losers)....no spoils attached (at least that's for me). Because when I am standing, and he/she is not, who's to say. And trust me, I hate reloads. To be honest, after having Jan in my party for 3 full games (both good and evil), his NPC interaction is good and funny (esp with Keldorn, Minsc and Viconia), but they tend to get old after a while. Since most of my later games are devoted to experience different classes/kits of characters, finishing the game has become my primary priority (to beat down Jon) as many of the processes becomes been there, done that.
My whole point of this is not to discount ANY NPCs in the game, every (well, almost every) NPC is valuable in some point of the game, but some ppl simply saying one of them is useless without anything backing up or just repeating minor cons is the reason for me to be long-winded (which I don't think you are one of them Neb). The whole idea is that this is all dependent on the type of game you want to play (roleplay, powergaming ... etc). That's my 2 cents.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 08:55 PM   #27
Gargoyle
Manshoon

Nalia..I can't even believe your suggesting... Shes useless, completley useless, her thieving skills are pathetic and her mage abilities are adequate, but why not just take Jan !

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 05-24-2001, 08:59 PM   #28
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargoyle:
Nalia..I can't even believe your suggesting... Shes useless, completley useless, her thieving skills are pathetic and her mage abilities are adequate, but why not just take Jan !

Nah.....this is too easy....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:04 PM   #29
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Ok accord all your posts have been good points. I,alos,enjoy battle parts of the game,but thats what Misc and Keldorn and Korgan are for,not Jan, Nalia or Areie!

Thats why they mad him 9 str,hes not ment for fighting,hes ment for magic (hence the 17 int.) and thiefing (the 16 dex)

There has to be (if i may quote a passage from the Druids) 'Balance must be kept'. Even in partys.You need magic,healing,fighting and theifing,and it never hurt to have a gnome in the party

Like you said everyone has there oppinons, and every NPC has a use (with the excludng a NPC with the name starting with A,more speiclfy A,n).

Old 05-24-2001, 09:09 PM   #30
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Ok accord all your posts have been good points. I,alos,enjoy battle parts of the game,but thats what Misc and Keldorn and Korgan are for,not Jan, Nalia or Areie!

Thats why they mad him 9 str,hes not ment for fighting,hes ment for magic (hence the 17 int.) and thiefing (the 16 dex)

There has to be (if i may quote a passage from the Druids) 'Balance must be kept'. Even in partys.You need magic,healing,fighting and theifing,and it never hurt to have a gnome in the party

Like you said everyone has there oppinons, and every NPC has a use (with the excludng a NPC with the name starting with A,more speiclfy A,n).

Yes, I agree, Nalia, Aerie, and Jan are supporting characters for your tanks, they are the artilleries on the battle fields. For some reason, I tend to be magic and fighter intense..... *sign*
But I definitely agree to your last paragraph
Wait.....I am falling into my own trap!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!