Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 06:41 AM   #1
Vampire

Although there won't be a BG3, what plot would you like to see?
I would like to see an attempt to resurrect a HUGE FAT Demon from the volcanic depth of Candlekeep! That will be cool teaming up with Drizzt and Elminster in an epic battle. I also want to have a staff of office: staff of extra magi.
I also want to see familiars gaining levels and better armour in the game, like the black swan armour in IWD.
I also want to see Jaheira happy agian!!! How about fighting against Tiax when he goes mad!
Old 05-22-2001, 07:33 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

There is most probaly going to be a BG3 as I have said many times before. It is not certain and will not be about child of Bhaal saga of course but the developers at black isle have said they do want to make a BG3 and it will maybe be set in a city like Waterdeep.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-22-2001, 07:35 AM   #3
Lord Shield

I don't even want to see Drizzt and Elminster - other people's munchkin characters wandering up and pretending to be wise and wonderful - wobblers!
Don't know how ToB would end but it could be a rival god (Son of Helm or something). Would like to see more inter-party conversation (ala BG2 and Planescape:Torment). Maybe BG3 heads to Sigil?

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-22-2001, 07:37 AM   #4
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Somehow I think that if it doesnt follow the bhaal child and is in waterdeep it wont be called baldurs gate 3.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 07:42 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Somehow I think that if it doesnt follow the bhaal child and is in waterdeep it wont be called baldurs gate 3.

Caleb dont argue with me!
They have said it will be called BG3 and so it will.
And why the hell aint you on msn its boring

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-22-2001, 07:46 AM   #6
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i've only heard the sigil rumors for BG3 and why aren't you onMSN caleb

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 05-22-2001, 10:25 AM   #7
Greadius
The Magister

They could just start the thing over... why not a child of a child of bhaal saga?
Of course, what would you do in the world when you're daddy is a level 40 God like character... I'm sure you can find something.

Or BG3 could just take place in the BG area and have nothing to do with Bhaal or any of his kids. It would be pretty cool if they updated, expanded and combined the maps from both the BG games, adding changes that would have taken place over time (Where did that big sphere go?)
Old 05-22-2001, 01:40 PM   #8
Vampire

I wish it would be an epic adventure across the entire continent!
Old 05-22-2001, 01:51 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I remember on the interview, the guy said that this is the end of the Bhaal story, but that other Baulder's Gate Games are in the thinking stages. As much money as they are making off this stuff, thaey are not ready to retire yet. Though they said that they will be taking a long break from it.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Old 05-22-2001, 01:54 PM   #10
alexwc4
Dungeon Master

It WILL be Baldur's Gate 3, the marketing department will insist. Maybe they can develop a Level 1 thru Level 40 game with no "main" plot. In my dream world, there would be numerous BIG plots that could come your way based on alignment and behavior earlier in the game. Of course, the game I am imagining would come on 4 DVD's...but, WTF, I've got a DVD drive.

------------------
"Yet still, it turns." - The TiltaWhirl attendant at Six Flags