Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-15-2002, 12:10 PM   #1
eb
Manshoon

Yeah recently installed ToB and got a bit disappointed in the "new" stats of the cloak.
So im wondering if someone know a better cloak to buy or loot from corpse?
No cheating in Shadowkeeper is allowed.

Thanks in forehand
Old 01-15-2002, 12:16 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Hey! You just posted this stuff over in SoA! Quit spamming a good board. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I oughta go back and erase my replies.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
eb
Manshoon

Well you don´t gave me any good cloak tip.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 12:48 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

That's because there isn't anything better, unless you make it yourself, and you down't want to use Shadowkeeper. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 01:09 PM   #5
eb
Manshoon

Exactly.. shadowkeeper is cheating..
Old 01-15-2002, 01:11 PM   #6
fable
Quintesson

Well, yes, but then there's no cloak in SoA with ToB loaded that will give you what you want.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:52 PM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

If you want the old Cloak of Mirroring back, go to the override-folder in your BGII-SoA directory and get rid of the file clck26.itm. Just stick it in some other folder or delete it altogether. This reverts the Cloak to wat it was in SoA.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 04:25 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Eb, no need to post this in two forums. Don't do it next time.

The most annoying thing about the ToB-version of the Cloak of Cheating is the annoying Spell Trap graphic. I spent a few hours tinkering with it in IEEP to try to get rid of it or even replace it, but the special effect is, well, special, it's not as easy as just removing an opcode. I don't think you can change the graphic but keep the effect using IEEP - you might need to do a bit of hex editing.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 04:59 AM   #9
Whailor

OK, I haven't looked into the new Cloak of Mirroring in IEEP yet, since I just got the ToB and have it installed. The effect however shouldn't be hard to remove.. Well, I guess at least. It's a special 3D played effect and can be removed, however it can be applied maybe in few spots.. Anyway, I'll check once I get back to home. It may have some additional tricks attached to it.

Regarding getting the old cloak back, then yes, by getting rid of the file in Override folder and the old one in the game, the "real" Cloak of Mirroring, will work again as it used to. Simply rename the CLCK26 in your override folder into something else, i.e. CLCK26.NEW or whatever, and the old one will kick in.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:58 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
OK, I haven't looked into the new Cloak of Mirroring in IEEP yet, since I just got the ToB and have it installed. The effect however shouldn't be hard to remove.. Well, I guess at least. It's a special 3D played effect and can be removed, however it can be applied maybe in few spots.. Anyway, I'll check once I get back to home. It may have some additional tricks attached to it.

It's not that easy, trust me. I thought so too.

If you figure out how to do it, post it here.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote