Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 01:59 AM   #1
romulus

I've killed everything in the pit including all the gauths and beholders and the unseeing eye . . . but I can't get back out of the place. Where's the key to the exit door that leads back into the sewers?

Old 11-13-2000, 03:45 AM   #2
Mick

If I recall correctly you don't need a key, there's an exit in the south of the map.

Old 11-17-2000, 12:06 AM   #3
blade

I have another question for this quest...I too have gone in and killed everything/everyone (including the Unseeing Eye) and can't find the other piece of the rod! On the map there is an area marked beholder's lair or some such (by the pit of endless suffering or whatever it's called), but can't find a way into it. Is this where the rod is and if so, how do I get in there?

Old 11-17-2000, 01:27 AM   #4
Wesley

romulus: I was not able to exit this area until I went back and searched the body of the Unseeing Eye, which produced an amulet that allowed me to exit.
blade: are you sure you that you have killed the Unseeing Eye, and are in the right area? The rod is very close to where you encounter this creature.

Old 11-17-2000, 01:36 AM   #5
blade

I got Gaal to attack me in the main chamber of the cultists, and the Unseeing Eye (I'm pretty sure that's what it said, though not positive. It was a big beholder) came after me, which I then killed along with the rest of the cultists. Now, this is the main level as you first encounter the cultists, but there is another spot marked on the map as "to the lair of the unseeing eye" or something similar (right near the pit to the south end of the board). However, I can't find an entrance there! I got a silver amulet from the beholder, so is that what the Unseeing eye drops? Do you need to keep someone alive to throw you in the pit? What in the nine hells!!!!! LOL.

Old 11-17-2000, 02:06 AM   #6
Wesley

blade: when you first enter this area, there is a left and right fork. Go left first, and talk to the people at the cult entrance (you'll have to fight to get there). Then return to the right fork and talk to the people there. You will be given the name of a contact and a "passphrase" to speak to the contact. This will get you into the lower area of this quest, where you will eventually fight the Unseeing Eye.