Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-09-2004, 11:23 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just wanted to start a new topic on this. I gotta send the check this Wed (day after tomorrow) and we still need $140.00 to go. It's cutting it close, so if you have been waiting to donate, this is the time

I will keep ya updated on the progress throughout the day tomorrow whenever a donation comes in. If you don't see an update, take that as no donation has been recieved yet.

I'm sure we'll make it, we always do, with choc's luck and all

BTW, We were down for a few hours Monday morning, I called customer service, and the entire south side of town was having issues, and we were back in a few hours. (Just incase you thought it was the server bug) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys! You know I hate asking, and BTW, I am indeed looking into a few options that could possibaly create some income and cover bills, but it takes time to find the right services, and set them up. So hang in there, I'll figure out something dang-it.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-09-2004, 11:34 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Just let us know what options you find, Z! [img]smile.gif[/img] If it can help cover the monthly costs it's worth looking into.

Thanks for the update on what's still needed. I think it helps people to know how much is needed regularly and how much is already there to cover it.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:13 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

I sent mine to johnny, and he would send it to Grojlach, but I don't know when and how that's gonna happen. If I must make a guess, then I think there's approximately 70 dollars from the Dutchies here coming your way.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:31 AM   #4
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You should be getting my share anyday in the mail. 20 bucks, just so we can say with the dutchies 70, and my 20, we are down to 50.00 dollars! Almost there! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 03:45 AM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

I Paypaled $20 bones earlier tonight so the unofficial running total required to meet goal is $30.00. Hopefully everything falls into place in time! [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 04:45 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I sent mine to johnny, and he would send it to Grojlach, but I don't know when and how that's gonna happen. If I must make a guess, then I think there's approximately 70 dollars from the Dutchies here coming your way.
That would be around the 21st this month, so that's way past the deadline. I could forward your 15€ to Groj right away, but even then it won't be there on time.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:58 AM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I'd plaud your optimism, Link, but I'm not sure if $70 is achievable on such a short notice... Nevertheless, I could paypal your 15 euro in advance to Ziroc (as in right now), if Johnny doesn't mind transferring it within a few days to my account. Will add a few euro of my own as well to the donation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit: done and done. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-10-2004, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 02-10-2004, 05:11 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

And when we get past this month, I think it's time we opened a debate on the best way to assist Z in funding IW from a long-term point of view, so we're not in strife each month. From what I know of Z I know he hates this time of the month, and having to do this. So I'm prepared to help out and try and facilitate a discussion (probably sometime in the next few of weeks) to see if we can brainstorm any ideas on how to build some kind of ongoing cash flow and reduce the monthly uncertainty we go through.

There will be a number of conditions to participating in this discussion while will be enforced quite strictly. Just a few that come to mind - we don't want anything that will force people off this site. We don't want anything that will bitterly divide people. We don't want anything that will specifically exclude the haves from the have nots in terms of things like accessing core services on this site. That's NOT what we are about here. And this discussion will NOT be used as a soapbox for people to bludgeon others with their point of view. We'll be sharing our opinions, not enforcing them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As always, Ziroc will remain the owner of this site and the ultimate decision on how to go about things will rest solely with him, but maybe we can help him out. Many minds are better than one, after all - isn't that what the mind flayers say?

What do you guys think? Good idea? bad idea?

Regardless of what you think, I'd appreciate if nobody started up a discussion thread about this until I've had the chance to think it through and talk it over with Z and the other guys. Keep in mind that we all have day jobs as well - but I think this is something we should all have our 2c in.

Cheers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 05:25 AM   #9
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think thats a really good idea Memnoch.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:09 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Agreed. You have my permission to forward my 15 euro's Groj.