Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #11
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
No no and no becuase Black Isle is gone. And Bioware and Interplay killed each other becuase of the license.
*sigh* That's my ideal job for the future gone.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

The BG series is complete. To make another part in it would be like T3:RotM: unwanted.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:14 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I don't want more Baldur's Gate games, the story is over and there is nothing more to tell, what I'd love to see though is more games that use the infinity engine and happen elsewere in the Forgotten Realms, specially Sembia and Calishman... or even a Dragonlance game. And no IWD hack and slashfests but serious roleplaying, like Torment.
100% agreement from me there. I always liked the infinity engine, and would have loved to see more games. On the issue of hack and slash, personally I loved IWD, but then I loved PST also - I can get along with both styles of game, getting something different from each. I do think IWD (and IWD2) could have been a little less linear though, it doesn't make for the most interesting replay.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:24 PM   #14
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

I just don't ever want it to end
Old 01-19-2004, 11:51 PM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The way I see it, the Baldur Gate storyline can still continue. I don't see anything wrong with a BG3 Though which company will develop it is different matter altogether.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:12 AM   #16
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I do think IWD (and IWD2) could have been a little less linear though, it doesn't make for the most interesting replay.
That true and my main problem with the IWD series, it was too linear, really fun at first but no matter how diffrent you tried to make your character the next time it was still the same game
Old 01-20-2004, 02:12 AM   #17
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Explain to me how there would be a BG3 anyway. I mean, I know Black Isle is gone, but how could the story possibly continue?

(possible game spoilers ahead)

You're pretty much god-like, you've taken on the strongest mortals in Faerun in a war, went through Watcher's Keep, killed dragon after dragon, had the chance to become a god, what else is there for you to do? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 03:11 AM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
You're pretty much god-like
Quote:
what else is there for you to do?
Does the term " War On Heaven " mean anything to you?
Old 01-20-2004, 03:52 AM   #19
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Explain to me how there would be a BG3 anyway. I mean, I know Black Isle is gone, but how could the story possibly continue?

(possible game spoilers ahead)

You're pretty much god-like, you've taken on the strongest mortals in Faerun in a war, went through Watcher's Keep, killed dragon after dragon, had the chance to become a god, what else is there for you to do? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Forget the whole Bhallspawn stuff. Create a new central character.

To quicken and cheapen the making of the game you use a lot of the same scenes, like the docks and temple districts of Amn. Just set the scene 20 or 30 years earlier perhaps before the "anti magic" felings had grown. You could use some characters at a different age in thier lives to add fun and a sense of continuaty. Outside of Amn you could have all new venues.

If there was a strong will this could be made. I would buy it for sure

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-20-2004, 05:00 AM   #20
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I also loved the infinity engine...perfect graphics engine for RPG's on PC as you said...but haven't they stopped using it completely now? I thought IWD2 was the last game to implement the engine...