Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-16-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

As many of you know, we have reached our Donation goal to buy a new server--a DEDICATED server!!

All this slowness will soon be gone, and it'll be lightning fast! I am ordering the parts now, and should have it built by next week.

I went ahead and upgraded the forum software, so if you see 'missing' items, such as the RANK images and stuff, don't worry, they will be back. one good thing is that they added the Smilie mod, so I don't have to install that one.. but the RANK Mod will need to be added, and a few other items as well.

This new version added lots of new things:

- Make a Poll post (Anyone can do it) Just don't abuse this new item [img]smile.gif[/img]

- Who's Online is back

- Preview Post

- Many more items (LOT'S OF SECURITY options now--I can track trolls 200% better!! Muhahah..

Hang in there, I went ahead and did the upgrade HOPING that it somehow would help the forum run faster--since it'll be a week or so until I get the NEW server installed.. I am hoping this will buy me time. This newer version does cache better.

Anyway, I'm going to go work on the RANK mod now, I miss it.. I may wait until we get the new server before I install it--to save CPU usage on this current server.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-16-2002, 05:45 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Woohooo!! (Notice how I've been extra happy since the boards came back) Cheers Ziroc, now we can get back to the good old days, and Neb can carry on spamming making insightful and meaningful posts.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:33 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am here and I like what I see!
Congratulations on the goal!

See what can be accomplished when we all work together!

I wanna thank everyone for their support!

We rock!

Ironworks forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2002, 06:33 PM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

And there was much rejoicing...

Seriously Z, thanks for all you've done with this. IW is still, by far and away, the best place to hang around. So thanks for all of your work in making it stay that way!

[ 03-16-2002, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Barry the Sprout ]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-16-2002, 06:51 PM   #5
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I almost posted a poll on this Ziroc
Just kidding ..this is great! Im happy with the rest of you.!
Old 03-16-2002, 06:56 PM   #6
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Hey awesome stuff Ziroc! I'm so happy now.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-16-2002, 07:00 PM   #7
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Very nice - I look forward to a whole new posting experience

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 03-16-2002, 07:15 PM   #8
the_Avatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Very nice Ziroc...I love the new board, great work. Can't wait till we get to test drive the new server your getting. Love the preview post feature, now I won't screw up my post so much.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:37 PM   #9
Epona
Zartan

This is great Dan! Much better, but still occassional glitches trying to get here! Can't wait until we get the new server!

Oh and don't let Avatar test-drive, he'll only go crash it
Old 03-16-2002, 07:39 PM   #10
Campino

Looking good Ziroc!And with the new server next week this site is even more awesome than it is now!Great work.