Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2001, 09:51 AM   #1
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

This thread goes out to everyone who has ever spoken to me, from my first post "evil smiting" to this, my very last.

With the least amount of fuss or irritation i'm leaving. The reasons for which involve a pretty long story that woulden't affect you much, but put simply; life's become too much for me. Before i do leave however i have a great number of people to thank for making my stay here interesting, entertaining and educational.

Cloudbringer: You're endless supply of energy and sheer friendlyness mark you as one of the most likable people i have ever met, despite your namesake, you've brought a ray of sunshine into all of our lives. Take good care of Puff

Rikard: My original Arch-Nemisis. You could start an arguement in an empty house and provided my most challenging enemy in Evil Smiting. In your words Rikard; "■■■■ you, ■■■■ me, ■■■■ everything". Despite what it may have seemed you provided great friendship for me throught my stay here. For this i thank you, and wish you the best.

BlackKnight: You're stories have kept me laughing (and crying) for days on end, though i think my part in them should come to and end. You've given me more shirley temples than anyone else ican remember. Keep writing, some of the newer members havent had a chance to experience your excellent work. Now run along, before i run out of superlatives.

Reeka: Big Sis! You deserve credit for thining about everyone above yourself, trying to make sure that us minors dont get our minds warped by all this innuendo around here. I love you like a sister, C'mon, give me a hug

Tipsy: When you've managed to drag yourself out of whatever ditch you fell into last night i'll say how you're wit and charisma impressed everyone. And that im still waiting for my sword back . You rock man.

Yorrick: Your wisdom and insights are a boon to the board, and you've taught me much on the outlook of life, religion and everything inbetween. I hope that *you* especially find contentment. If there actually is an afterlife then i owe you a portion of my soul k?

I could go on, but i dont have time. Let me reassure you that i feel that you're all family to me, and admire every one of you for your constant friendship and care. I hope from the darkest recesses of my soul that you all can find happiness, whatever its form in life, and that at least my memory will live on in your minds.

Before i do go, i ask one final favour. Please don't reply to this, or talk about it in any other thread. I wish to go without casuing any impct on the festivities of the board being back. Bump it to inform, but dont ask me to stay or anything else, i wont be able to read them okay?

Again i thank you all, for what you've done for me. Goodbye

Craig Farrell, formely known as Jerome the Fallen Paladin.

------------------

Dont be afraid of the Darkness....be afraid of what it hides
Old 04-29-2001, 10:39 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Bumping this in respect for a great bloke.

------------------
Old 04-29-2001, 11:54 AM   #3
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

um, this is a sad day

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Old 04-29-2001, 12:34 PM   #4
Rikard

Damn This goes against Everything that I put my Stop posting l;eaving posts
But well You Are Jerome

I will miss you as you are an insperation for all people who have an identity crises (eg swich between good and evil)

One thing really bothers me
"Life has become to much for me"
Could you explain what you mean with that?
becoz i get very awful thought with that sentence

Old 04-29-2001, 12:39 PM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
but dont ask me to stay or anything else, i wont be able to read them okay?

that doesnt sound much better.

------------------

Old 04-29-2001, 12:41 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Damn This goes against Everything that I put my Stop posting l;eaving posts
But well You Are Jerome

I will miss you as you are an insperation for all people who have an identity crises (eg swich between good and evil)

One thing really bothers me
"Life has become to much for me"
Could you explain what you mean with that?
becoz i get very awful thought with that sentence
Mind checking your email Chao?
rikardt@mail.com and tained@europe.com

------------------
Old 04-29-2001, 12:49 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

SH*T I really feel bad about this post. I do want to respect Jerome's request but I really am very sad reading this post and Rikard, I too got a very bad feeling in my stomach reading that sentence. Sheesh if he is serious, then he will not be reading this... but he will be missed!!!
"and that at least my memory will live on in your minds"
Phrases like these are really unnerving me.... does anyone know how Jerome is, and what the 'pretty long story' behind all this is?

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-29-2001, 12:51 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I felt the same thing, too, Melusine and Rikard. I just e-mailed Cloudy about it (since she's the only one whose e-mail I have in my box...)

Old 04-29-2001, 12:55 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've emailed Jerome/Craig, and out of respect to him I won't repeat what we talked about. But I strongly, STRONGLY suggest the rest of you guys do as well. His email address is craig.farrell@ntlworld.com. Please do this, ok?

I've also emailed a couple of you separately.

------------------
Old 04-29-2001, 01:01 PM   #10
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i dont know what he has going on so i just emailed him and told him that i'm glad he is around.

------------------