Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2001, 03:49 AM   #41
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

Pardon
Pourquoi est-ce que on parle les Svege?
Damn That french doesn't work sorry moirance really loved to make you feel at home

Aber Deutch das konne ich doch spechen?
oder nicht es is nicht gut was i nu scheibe doch?

ehm i'll keep it at dutch and english
BTW can you guy teell me how you write goodbye and hallo in Swedish and if it's possible in Norge?
coz i have a small obsession for scandinavian countries
Old 02-07-2001, 04:00 AM   #42
Ash Wyrmspawn

Rikard.... sure mate...... In Norwegian (Norsk) you say Hallo (wow, that was hard *L*) and Farvell / ha det bra (translated fare well and uhm....good bye... allthough directly translated it's have it good, which doesn't make sense in English). I'll let the swedes answer on their own behalf.

And to everybody who has been reading this thread..... sorry for ruining the original discussion and starting a Scandinavian language lesson.

Old 02-07-2001, 04:18 AM   #43
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Sure thing Rikard :
Hello is : Hallå
Howdy or something like that is: hejsan, tja
How are you? Hur mår du, or, hur är läget?
Goodbye: hej då
See you later: Vi ses senare, synes(obs this is slang)
Farewell is: Farväl
Old 02-07-2001, 04:19 AM   #44
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Ash!
Now I know why Norwegians are the focal point of all Swedes jokes!
Only kidding!

Men jag er ikke norsk, och inte svensk för den delen heller!
Old 02-07-2001, 04:31 AM   #45
Ash Wyrmspawn

Vicotnik....... You're not swedish? But you lived in Sweden before? And all those jokes you've heard about Norwegians in Sweden.... well.. they're exactly the same in Norway..... about Swedes of course! *L*

But okay... not Norwegian.... not Swedish...... what are you then? Icelandic?

Darn criminals that were chased away from Norway they are! *L*

Old 02-07-2001, 04:45 AM   #46
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Criminals eh? Then you had best watch your back... lol

Used to live in Sweden, now Iceland. Not AS cold as it sounds!

For some odd reason, Norwegians are just as much joked about here as in Sweden, though!
Old 02-07-2001, 04:54 AM   #47
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well how can that be???

hehe, well sorry couldn´t help it. Though we Scandinavians should probably bury the hatchett, at least on the board and try to stand up to the rest...

I have been to Reykyavik once, it was cold as hell but wonderful at the same time. You have a really cool landscape up there and a freshness that is unimaginable, and alot of cute ladies running around..
Old 02-07-2001, 04:56 AM   #48
Ash Wyrmspawn

Well.... you know..... most of the people settling Iceland were outlaws in Norway (and they didn't treat the Irish monks living on Iceland at the time too nicely either). Of course I'm being a bit ufair here to make a point! *L*

But you still didn't answer my question.... if you're not Swedish, then what are you?

And the reason for Icelandic people making jokes about Norwegians can simply be put to conflicts over fishing-rights! *L* There'll always be a war as long as we fight about the same fishing areas! *L*

Old 02-07-2001, 10:41 AM   #49
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Yes Ash, I am Icelandic! Feel better?

And Wolfgir, percentage-wise, Iceland have the most beautiful women in the world! Fact. I like it!
Old 02-07-2001, 02:46 PM   #50
Hesperex

My characters have some rather interesting names If I do say so myself. not sure where they all came from they just seem to come to me, althought Im sure I've herd some of them someware before.

Drow Assassin - Hesperex
Human Male Sorcerer - Mercuriel
Dwarven Male Berserker - Korvan Fire-Axe
Dwarven Male fighter - Krag Stoneforger
Elven Male Ranger - Draiden (now this one has some history behind him, been useing him since I started playing D&D games back in the early 90's. Now he has a pretty involveing background)
Elven Female fighter/mage - Vahl'Kahris
Human Male Barbarian - Ragnar Son of Leeman