Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2001, 07:15 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Charlie,

Just saw this. I haven't even finished a regular game, let alone a multiparty one! Not sure I'd be a very good addition to the party!

Am on modem, not so worried about the cost, there, but timing is key. I gotta get up weekdays to earn the bread and butter (and catfood!)

And I've never played a game where I could screw up somebody else's battle plans- whole idea makes me a bit nervous!
Old 02-03-2001, 07:26 PM   #12
Charlie
Lord Ao

Cloudbringer.

You'd be a very welcome addition to the party....it's only a game. Once we have the players we'll work out something that's mutually acceptable to everyone. It'll be a blast controlling your own character instead of worrying who has this spell and who's used what etc. Keeping an eye on 6 bods is one thing but like this you only have to worry about your own characters actions and helping your friends wherever possible. It won't affect saved games either as I understand it.....The doors open anyhow, you're very welcome.
Old 02-03-2001, 07:41 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Charlie:

It's a very appealing offer, but you'd have to promise nobody will axe me when I goof up! (and I use 'axe' in the broadest of terms to include but not be limited to such things as longswords, clubs, staves, finger of death spells and other asstd nasty things!)

Again, I haven't played through or as of yet, beyond chapter 2. Makes makes me nervous about messing up. I'm still finding out which monsters can be hit by what weapon/spell.

Still, it sounds like fun...decisions ...decisions...Of course you may get better offers, but I'm still in the mix, if you like.

How do saved games work in a multi-player game, anyway?
Old 02-03-2001, 08:11 PM   #14
"Hell Lich" Wah

I live in London too Charlie.......so you'll haev no prob with my times

Ahem, though don't be mean to me and play during my school hours (you know - 9am to 4pm)

I think that someone here needs to give a step by step guide to multiplaying: The flimsy guide is just too shit!

Other than that - Sure head on PS, start with low level party or something that can scare the life out of a brick wall? (I can do both Charlie )

Looking forward to it!
Wah

Old 02-03-2001, 08:27 PM   #15
turbovee
Elminster

I tell you what, we should set this up as a weekend sort of thing that way everyone gets the time to give to this project. I will go ahead and proclaim myself the host for the first game. We all need to start from the beginning for fairness and we should decide what players are going to play what class of character. I don't whant an entire party of mages or an entire party of fighters. Once the game starts players cannot leave the area of the party. The game will not support this, so side missions on your own can't happen. I look forward to playing so once we decide the players and the time, we can work out the small details through e-mail and I will give you my phone number for a modem connection.
Old 02-03-2001, 08:38 PM   #16
Charlie
Lord Ao

Right, you're in Cloudbringer....I'm pleased. It's impossible to mess up, we're friends and we'll all learn together. I'm gonna pass over to Turbovee now to decide on levels etc and how things should be run.

At time of posting it is now 1.20AM for Hell Lich Wah and I. I'm guessing you guys are around four or more hours behind us. We should be able to work out relative times to each other fairly easily. I'm not sure of G.W's location tho'.

Turbovee. If you want to list as much stuff as you think necessary in this post..ie shall we import/roll characters etc and when/where we should start. What time/day (tomorrow Sat is good...any time for me, even tonight) I will then post out my I.P or whatever as soon as we're ready to go. Sorry mate I feel like I don't know what I'm talking about here. List away and tell us all what to do and it'll be done. Carry on as a 5 strong firm turbovee.

ROOM FOR ONE MORE IF YOU'RE REAL QUICK

HLW...Where in London are you mate?

F**k I type slowly. You beat me turbo
Old 02-03-2001, 08:41 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

turbovee, sounds like you know a fair bit about the game and the multiplayer setup -makes sense to have you host. I just skimmed that section of the manual. Not very informative, but I think I see a pattern to the control aspect! One thing bothered me, it said that certain key scenes are visible only to the host/control- how does that effect the other players? Sorry, should probably save all questions for later.

Weekend works for me- not too late on Sat night, gotta get up on Sun too.

I made my home email address accessible for the board temporarily.

I would definitely like the 'ground rules' etc spelled out ahead of time. Like I said, I don't want to let anyone down! I'm getting excited about this, though. Sounds like lots of fun. Uh, did you say 'first' game? That implies we surive one, to begin with, right?
Old 02-03-2001, 08:51 PM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

What class of murdering pillager do you guys favour...as it's a new start I'm gonna roll a fresh virgin character. I'm not too hot on spells etc I admit. I'll let you guys choose and take what's left. (Not a druid/Cleric type tho' if you don't mind)
Old 02-03-2001, 08:55 PM   #19
turbovee
Elminster

cloudbringer, Go ahead and just e-mail me your address will come straight to me and you won't have to woory about posting it on the forum, go ahead and modify the your previous thread to remove your e-mail address
Old 02-03-2001, 09:15 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

modify my thread? Ok, I'm not new to email, but fairly novice to bb's/forums.

Is your email there? I'll go check.