Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 05-12-2001, 12:17 AM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OK, when I was young I bought an omnibus collection of books that combined historical fantasy and mystery.

The protagonist was a detective, working for a king, on the level of Holmes himself. His Watson was a mage. I think there were three books in the series.

help!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 02:37 AM   #2
Keryvian
The Magister

This sounds like it might by the Lord Darcy books by Randall Garrett. Lord Darcy was an investigator in the service of Richard, the Duke of Normandy (brother to King John). His assistant was a forensic sorcerer.

Randall Garrett wrote two books of short stories, "Murder and Magic", and "Lord Darcy Investigates", and one novel "Too Many Magicians". Another author, Michael Kurland, later wrote two more Lord Darcy novels "A Study in Sorcery" and "Ten Little Wizards".

I remember the omnibus collection you mentioned, but I can't recall the title. I know I have some of the Lord Darcy books, so maybe I have that one too. My books are an absolute mess right now, but I'll have a look - but not until after the hockey game tomorrow.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.
Keryvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 12:39 PM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Keryvian,
I think you are right.

BTW, what does your .sig mean?

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Pfil
RudeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 10:34 PM   #4
Keryvian
The Magister

It turn out I do have the omnibus collection in my library. It is title (strangely enough) "Lord Darcy".

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
BTW, what does your .sig mean?

It is a Welsh proverb. "He who loves books is not bereft of friends."

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.
Keryvian is offline   Reply With Quote