Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I was the only one in after a reset and got invited to take on the new Cyric Commander. The server crashed or shut down before I could say anything about it so I thought I would post.

If you were watching Z, then you know what happened.

My character hits at 71 and has an AC of 87 and damage reduction.

I got destroyed. So, yes, perhaps the Commander is a little tough at the moment.

One other thing I have noticed lately is that the guard warriors on level 14 now have multiple heal potions or spells. I don't know if that is intentional but they use them when badly wounded which makes for very long fights unless you get lucky with the critical hits. There were two of them are in the Commanders room and they did not make life any easier.

Ah well, I'm off to buy some rings of harm.....on second thoughts, a lot of rings of harm.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Ziroc, my recommendation about the current Cyrist Commander vs. one of Greything's power builds:

Reduce all of the Cyrist Commander's base statistics by four and reduce his hit points by 25%. Then see how the same power build does against the Cyrist Commander.

I don't think there is a single dragon in the game that Greything has said his current builds would stand that slim a chance against, so unless this Commander is actually an avatar of Cyric himself, he's way too strong. As well, you did say that the Commander is actually supposed to be the SECOND strongest character on that level (but the most powerful character has not been introduced yet), so if that character is technically unbeatable, then the new (unseen and unreleased) and true leader of the Cyrist sect would be just shy of absolute divinity.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The Leader was tweaked a bit. It's to be expected. Anytime something is newly released, I watch all the action in DM mode and check out the battles and make notes on what to change.

Grey--I did indeed lower his stats, try him out, and btw, he drops some DEADLY items! VERY nice stuff. On par with the commanders plate--or even better!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ah, so the actual leader is now in on 14? Most excellent. The next time I find some time, it's going to be "clobberin' time".
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Ah, so the actual leader is now in on 14? Most excellent. The next time I find some time, it's going to be "clobberin' time".
Benjamin J. Grimm and his lawyer, Matthew Murdock, would like to have a word with you, RTB...
*grins wickedly*

And yes, I think I'll be bringing my nodachi wielding akkishouten down to help you guys out, unless I drag my badly-made cleric all the way down through the trials and tribulations to get her enough stones to join you on Level Fourteen.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

So Moz, yer saying you don't have the stones to face the Cyrist Leader??

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:58 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Let me come back to this when I'm not dieing from laughter...
Old 03-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Take no notice Moz.

It's not stones that are needed but healing potions.

Stig TC and I went in against the Commander. He took an obvious dislike to me and I ended up taking the hits and drinking heal potions like a champion while Stig hit him.

The moral is; get big AC, damage reduction, help, or better still, someone standing in front of you.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The latter is always nice...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

The levels of wrongness in that one line alone...
*cries with terror*