Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 06:14 PM   #131
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hmmmm ok cnn said someone reported missiles and now theres a big fire in Kabul. No telling if we did it, theres anti-Taliban elements there too. So who knows at this point, I jumped the gun sorry

The US did launch attacks on Afganistan pretty quickly after the embassy bombings 3 years ago.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:14 PM   #132
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to infiltrate... After all, this IS a pretty accurate time for new recruits, after a "big victory".

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-11-2001, 06:14 PM   #133
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Woopss my bad, I meant the ideals within your post ie bombing them- which I think was just happened- were stupided Ideals..
Don't know for sure yet. Great terrorist tactic. Kill your own guys to boost morale against the ennemy.

Quote:
But I have to say shooting the planes down would of been the right course, but it would of only work if there was a warning and if they weren't over a city at the time.[/B]
Glad we agree on this.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:16 PM   #134
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

And the so-called "smart weapons" are good against certain things, but if you want to make sure you send in troops. That is why we have them. They are not for ceremony.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:18 PM   #135
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
And the so-called "smart weapons" are good against certain things, but if you want to make sure you send in troops. That is why we have them. They are not for ceremony.
I agree the troops are not only for ceremonies. However, it makes no sense to send in troops when they're going to die for sure. Bomb first, make people home happy. When things calm down, send the troops in to do the real damage...

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-11-2001, 06:19 PM   #136
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Don't know for sure yet. Great terrorist tactic. Kill your own guys to boost morale against the ennemy.
Oh my news channel said it was US, but if your don't I guess it unconfirmed then.

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 06:20 PM   #137
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Read me for what I say, not for what you want it to mean and get off my back.
I don't give a crap if you are Cloudy's online boyfriend that gives you no right to put words in my mouth and twist what I say to fight with me.
What does his relationship with Cloudy have to do with this? He was simply saying he thought the conspiracy theory was irrational, and giving reasons - I saw no flames in his posts, or are you puting words in HIS mouth (no that was NOT aninsult, just an observation)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 09-11-2001, 06:21 PM   #138
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Quote:
Oh my news channel said it was US, but if your don't I case it unconfirmed then.
I'm listening to CNN right now and they can't ID the source. Mind you I wasn't watching CNN on my first post on this issue (bombing in Kabul)
Old 09-11-2001, 06:22 PM   #139
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Oh strike with missiles and aircraft first by all means, but the troops need to be right behind that sort of attack to complete matters. This business of firing 50 missiles and analyzing the data for 6 weeks doesnt work.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:22 PM   #140
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
I agree the troops are not only for ceremonies. However, it makes no sense to send in troops when they're going to die for sure. Bomb first, make people home happy. When things calm down, send the troops in to do the real damage...

How about surrounding the place, bombing, and then sending in troops right away to clean up?

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1: