Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-24-2001, 05:56 PM   #1
Jayson

Leaving the first town for the expedition. I know that the game is then supposed to display video and move on to Kuldahar pass. However, since installing Heart of Winter, It goes directly to Kuldahar just before the wanderer speaks to you and freezes up. It doesn't freeze completely tho, the characters start to complain that they are idle and I can maximize the dialogue box. The screen becomes opaque (like it does when the computer pauses the game for an NPC to speak to you), and stays that way. I tried unpausing and waiting it out. Can I turn off the videos somewhere, does anyone have a solution?
Old 02-24-2001, 11:13 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am bumping this up to the top of the line so no one will miss it, and not respond...
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 09:28 AM   #3
Hesperex

...and what do you know???? another IWD bug what a suprise...ahem
Old 02-25-2001, 02:26 PM   #4
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I guess you could try to empty your overrides folder since this helped the last time a bug of this kind appeared.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 07:25 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

That same problem has been reported on the Official Forum and also the Unofficial Forum at Redqueen, other players have said that loading their auto saves seems to clear it up. It helps to not use 3D also. It just doesnt work at all.
You might want to see what is being reported on the Interplay Forum and RedQueen (where a lot of the programmers are showing up offering help).
RedQueen is at:
http://redqueendesign.com/cgi-bin/fo...erns&number=12

Good Luck.

**v**
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote