Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 08:06 PM   #11
rodimus
The Magister

Definitely Kangaxx! Imprisonment sucks, especially 4 seconds, 1 Imprisonment spell. I think, he's even harder than Jon. Had to do the most reloads to defeat this guy. By the way, Firkraag isn't immune against imprisonment, so, quick fight...
Old 03-06-2001, 08:12 PM   #12
Marillion
The Magister

Who is Kangaxx?
Have I missed something?

------------------
May Helm smile upon thee..
Old 03-06-2001, 08:27 PM   #13
rodimus
The Magister

(Spoiler)

If you want to have the Kangaxx quest, go to the docks and try to find a trapped door. Its the house between Mae'Vars Guild and the Inn. Have Fun...
Old 03-06-2001, 08:51 PM   #14
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nah, Kangaxx is easy, just use the good scrolls, or berserk. It is a lot easier the fewer party members you have if you want to defeat him without anyone getting imprisoned.

I think dragons are the toughest if you don't use cloudkill, death fog, incendary cloud, or abi dalzims horrid wilthing.
Old 03-06-2001, 08:56 PM   #15
Marillion
The Magister

I need some quick spoilers since I really want to beat the crap out of that one..
I have the body but where is the Torso?

Another question..
After talking to Crazy Celvan in Docks district he runs away in the Mae'Vars Guild and is nowhere to be found. Where is he and does he effect the game in any way?

------------------
May Helm smile upon thee..
Old 03-06-2001, 09:06 PM   #16
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have no idea who crazy Celvan is.

Spoiler about Kangaxx.

You need to defeat 2 liches, one in the bridgedistrict, and one in the sewers. There are two liches in the bridgedistrict, but you shouldn't concern yourself with the one at the twisted rune, since that is a quest by itself.
Old 03-07-2001, 03:09 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by el_kalkylus:
Nah, Kangaxx is easy, just use the good scrolls, or berserk. It is a lot easier the fewer party members you have if you want to defeat him without anyone getting imprisoned.

I think dragons are the toughest if you don't use cloudkill, death fog, incendary cloud, or abi dalzims horrid wilthing.
Kangaxx is easy - once you've surfed the boards and found out the technique to killing him eh?

Casting my mind back to October when I was trying to beat it for the first time - I must've spent about 15 reloads on Kangaxx before I figured out the technique. I never saw so many questions on how to beat one foe on any board than I did Kangaxx. Of course with the technique it's easy.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 05:54 AM   #18
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Heh...

I haven't tried Kangaxx yet, so I'm not too sure.

Mind Flayers...Well...They're okay...Just gobble up a potion of genius before fighting.

Dragons...Haha Are you kidding?
They're damn easy.

Magic Resistence, Pierece Shield, Breach, 2× Lower Resists

Send Fighters to mop up.

Oh, and try Mordenkainen's Sword too...I was bored, sent two of them to Firkraag, he cried that day.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-07-2001, 08:08 AM   #19
Lord Shield

To hit Kangaxx you need: A Paladin with the Holy Avenger, a Ranger with a Vorpal Sword or any fighter-type with a +4 weapon (such as Wave). Scrolls vs Magic (bought in Adventurers Mart) or Spell Shield vs Abjuration school will protect from Imprisonment. If not using the scroll, also have a "Death Ward" to protect against the Wail of the Banshee. Then Haste for good measure and add 5 teaspoons of whup-ass!!

Old 03-07-2001, 08:41 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
To hit Kangaxx you need: A Paladin with the Holy Avenger, a Ranger with a Vorpal Sword or any fighter-type with a +4 weapon (such as Wave). Scrolls vs Magic (bought in Adventurers Mart) or Spell Shield vs Abjuration school will protect from Imprisonment. If not using the scroll, also have a "Death Ward" to protect against the Wail of the Banshee. Then Haste for good measure and add 5 teaspoons of whup-ass!!
Lord Shield, the vorpal is only a +3 sword and doesn't work against Kangaxx.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame