Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2002, 09:04 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

My wife has set up a "soccer penalty box" at her desk at work. Anyone who mentions anything to do with soccer or the World Cup within 2 meters of her desk is requested to pay a 20 cent fine into the "penalty box".

Finally, after years of trying, this tactic has finally managed to communicate to at least a few of her soccer-besotted and football-fanatic workmates that she detests soccer, football, and all conversations relating to same !!

She intends to donate all fines collected to charity, one month after the World Cup final.

[img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
good thing i don't work overthere, i would end up flat broke.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:19 AM   #3
Helspanth
Quintesson

Same goes for me.
It is NOT possible to stay sane during World Cup!
Old 05-31-2002, 07:36 PM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No problem here I HATE soccer! hehe!
Old 05-31-2002, 07:43 PM   #5
Vlad Tepes
Dungeon Master

Yep, it isnt humanly possible to stay sane during the world cup, and that really works for me since almost all the matches will be around 3 a.m. or 6 a.m. so i guess i'll become somewhat of a zombie, lol.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:43 PM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
My wife has set up a "soccer penalty box" at her desk at work. Anyone who mentions anything to do with soccer or the World Cup within 2 meters of her desk is requested to pay a 20 cent fine into the "penalty box".

Finally, after years of trying, this tactic has finally managed to communicate to at least a few of her soccer-besotted and football-fanatic workmates that she detests soccer, football, and all conversations relating to same !!

She intends to donate all fines collected to charity, one month after the World Cup final.

[img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Sounds like a great idea. I'd just put $40 right at the beginning.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-31-2002, 07:45 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The good thing for you is that is only 10 quid
Old 05-31-2002, 11:10 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

How about "How do you stay sane at work, period?"
Old 06-01-2002, 12:48 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What about taking time off? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Failing that, using video streaming to watch the games.

Unilever (the company I work for) recently sent us an email saying that they rely on "trust and cooperation" from employees to not use the Internet for things such as "watching video streaming of World Cup games during the World Cup period." As if.

Old 06-01-2002, 03:40 AM   #10
Zidane
Manshoon

What a GREAT idea

I am definitely going to do that!!

We are allowed to bring TVs into work to watch the footie - hmmmph, now I have to suffer it at work as well.

Why do you think I play so many RPGs and spend long hours on IW - one because I love you lot, and second Footie, on Sky, all the time, even shitty matches.

My bloke is a total fanatic, he has even booked this week off so he can watch all the matches. Looks like I will be looking at a super tired zombie this week.

He does say that because the matches are on at weird times, it will free him up to clean up the spare room to make it into my computer room (saying that for last 2 years) and to cut the grass etc etc (saying that for past month)

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

Lady Zidane